Sunday, 2 February 2014

Meetings 2014


  A committee meeting was held on 15th October 2014.
Present
Sue James, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb, Jo Raymond
Apologies
Roy James, Ruth Roberts, Neville Ruff, Dilys Jenkinson, Tony Brinsden, John James
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Fun day and village fête in Polly and Jo Raymond’s field next summer
Jo Raymond was welcomed to the meeting. She and Polly Raymond have suggested holding a village fun day and fete on the last weekend in July (exact date to be confirmed) and have kindly offered their field next to the Old School Garden in which to do this. Various ideas were put forward including local stall holders selling crafts etc., cake and plant stalls, ice cream and a barbecue. Activities for children would include a bouncy castle/inflatables, water slide, face painting, rides, pottery painting, airbrush tattoos, soft play corner, circus skills, tug of war etc. There would also be competitions for both children and adults and various demos (possibly dance/yoga/Pilates/twirlers/karate), and a raffle. Money raised will go to charity. Parking will be available on the field. Everyone is invited to share their skills/promote their business or club, have a stall, or to help in any way they wish. All feedback/ideas are welcome! Anyone who wishes to be involved should contact Polly on 01834 831735 (email polly.raymond@rocketmail.com) or Jo on 07792497970 (email dippydoughnut@rocketmail.com)

Matters arising
100 Club – All the cheques for the winners of the last draw (30th July) have been cashed.
The third draw for 2014/15 was done this evening and the prizewinners were:
1st prize Graham and Rose Gammon (No. 7), £25; 2nd prize Oliver Furneaux (No. 64), £15; 3rd prize Samuel James (No. 12), £10.
Village newsletter and website – The cut-off date for contributions for the Autumn/Winter Newsletter is 15th October and most of these have now been received. The website now seems to be working well for free, with only one pop-up when you visit.
Heat conservation in the Main Hall and kitchen improvements
At the beginning of July, Sue sent off the application to Awards for All (Wales) for a grant to cover the kitchen improvements and the cost of cavity wall insulation for the long west wall of the Main Hall. She was asked to send some more information by 14th October and posted it via Special Delivery on 2nd October. We will be told when a decision is made.

External and internal maintenance
The fluorescent tubes in the Main Hall have been replaced where necessary. Sue will consult with Neville Ruff about a convenient date to finish the remaining internal paintwork.
Old School Garden and Claypits – The DIY Barbecue was held at the Claypits on Saturday 30th August. It was a lovely sunny evening and the event was enjoyed by all who came.
Tony said that he and Alan Davies (Trenewydd) will put chippings down at the entrance to the Claypits, which will prevent the access from being churned up by the vehicles which use this for turning.

Forthcoming Events
Knitting and Crochet Group – Jill Chatwin and Caz Phillips have started an informal knitting and crochet group where people can meet and bring along anything that they are currently working on. This is to be held on the 3rd Thursday of the month at the New Inn, Amroth at 7.30 pm and all are welcome.
Remembrance Sunday Service – A service led by John Lewis-Tunster will be held in Llanteg Village Hall on Sunday 9th November. The Hall will be open from 10.30 am and all are welcome.
Christmas Carols at Llanteglos. Theri Bailey is organising a Christmas Carols ‘Get Together’ with mulled wine and mince pies. The event will take place on Saturday 20thDecember, in the Wanderer’s Rest (Llanteglos Estate), from 7.30pm. All are invited.
Walk. Stepaside Ironworks to Wiseman’s Bridge – December/January.More details later.
Guided Walk in the Bosherston/Stackpole area. The proposed walk for 11th October was cancelled because of bad weather. Haydn Garlick (the National Park Ranger for this area) is willing to lead one for us in the spring. Jill will contact him to suggest dates – more details later.

Correspondence
None.

Any Other Business
1) Andy has contacted the organisers of the All Wales Tractor and Transport Show, which was held on 13th July, about payment for the advertisement that was put up in the Hall car park. The situation with regard to this is unsatisfactory. He has attempted to contact them many times. On the one successful occasion they said that the accounts were not yet finished. Since then, further attempts at contact have not been responded to.
2) The boiler has been serviced.
3) A certificate was presented to Ruth Roberts and the Llanteg History Group on 7th July 2014 for their entry to the Saints and Stones War Memorials Competition in St Davids. This will be put up in the Hall before Remembrance Sunday.
4) Sue attended the Police Community Support Officer surgery at the Regency Hall, Saundersfoot on 6th October. The only crime reported in Llanteg over the past month was that someone left the petrol station without paying.
5) It was agreed that there should be more noticeboards around the village and various possible locations were suggested.
NEXT MEETING + AGM: WEDNESDAY 14TH JANUARY 2015 AT 8 PM


A committee meeting was held on 30th July 2014.

Present
Roy James, Sue James, Tony Brinsden, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies
Ruth Roberts
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Matters arising
100 Club – We have two new members, which brings the total membership to 52. Andy has transferred the £350 due for 2013/14 from the 100 Club account to the Hall funds, so the current balance in the 100 Club account is £586.91. The first draw for 2014/15 was held at the Llanteg History Society meeting on 20th May 2014. The prizewinners were:
1st prize Arwyn Owen (No. 9), £25; 2nd prize Grace Davies (No. 51), £15; 3rd prize Richard Tunster (No. 41), £10.
The second draw was done this evening and the prizewinners were:
1st prize Roy James (No. 81), £25; 2nd prize David Wilson (No. 50), £15; 3rd prize Lyn Nelson (No. 17), £10.
Village Newsletter and Website – Ruth Roberts, with Jonathan Roberts’s help, has found a site which hosts our website for free, with only a very few pop-up advertisements. We will need to pay for the domain name soon (paid for at the moment) and the cost for this should be around £17.45.
Heat Conservation in the Main Hall and Kitchen Improvements
At the beginning of July, Sue sent off the application to Awards for All (Wales) for a grant to cover the kitchen improvements and the cost of cavity wall insulation for the long west wall of the Main Hall. We will be told when a decision is made.
External and Internal Maintenance
Most of the damaged internal paintwork was re-touched on Saturday 31st May. There is a little more inside maintenance which needs to be done, together with some external maintenance. Sue will consult with Neville Ruff about a convenient date. Some of the fluorescent tubes in the Main Hall need to be replaced and Roy will do this.
Old School Garden and Claypits – There was a working party to tidy the Old School Garden on Sunday 27th April.
Tony said that he and Alan Davies (Trenewydd) will put chippings down at the entrance to the Claypits, which will prevent the access from being churned up by the vehicles which use this for turning.

Forthcoming Events
DIY Barbecue at the Claypits, Saturday 30th August from 5 pm onwards. All are welcome – please bring food and drink. A limited number of disposable barbecues will be available.
Guided Walk in the Bosherston/Stackpole area. Haydn Garlick (the National Park Ranger for this area) has now recovered from his injury. Jill will contact him to suggest dates for this walk and will report back.
Knitting and Crochet Group – Jill Chatwin and Caz Phillips would like to start an informal knitting and crochet group where people could meet and bring along anything that they were currently working on. This may be held in the Hall. More information later.

Correspondence
We have had a reminder that the boiler needs to be serviced.

Any Other Business
1) Amelia Stone’s soft play session for young children in the Hall on Wednesday mornings has had to be cancelled because she did not get enough people for it to be viable.
2) After consultation with the Committee, an advertisement for the All Wales Tractor and Transport Show which was held on 13th July was put up in the Hall car park. Andy will contact the organisers about payment.
3) The damaged car which was left in the car park for a couple of weeks has now been removed.
4) Tony has spoken to the Planning Department of Pembrokeshire County Council regarding the Crosslands Lane turbine appeal which was held in Pembroke Dock in July. He requested that any such events concerning Llanteg should be held in Llanteg itself because that would make it much easier for the residents who are potentially affected by such decisions to attend.

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 15TH OCTOBER 2014 AT 8 PM

A committee meeting was held on 9th April 2014.

Present
Roy James, Sue James, Tony Brinsden, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Roberts, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies
Neville Ruff, Wendy Jones
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.
Matters arising
100 ClubThe current balance in the 100 Club account is £770.91 and all the winners for 2013/14 have cashed their cheques. Subscriptions by standing order for 2014/15 have been received from 33 members and Andy, Sue and Roy will collect cash or cheques from the others. Ruth Roberts will put a flyer about the 100 Club in the next Newsletter. Half the money raised by the 100 Club goes in prizes and the other half goes towards the upkeep of the Hall, so Andy will transfer £350 to the Hall funds in the near future. Each year there are six draws which, for 2014/15, will be done at the end of May, July, September, November, January and March.
Village Newsletter and Website – Contributions for the Spring/Summer Newsletter should be sent to Ruth Roberts by 15th April. Ruth is also collecting money from advertisers. Payment for the website will be due in June. Ruth will investigate costs and will report back to the Committee.
Heat Conservation in the Main Hall and Kitchen Improvements
Sue is in the process of applying for a grant to cover the kitchen improvements and the cost of cavity wall insulation for the long west wall of the Main Hall.
External and Internal Maintenance
1) The date for retouching the damaged internal paintwork, general maintenance and weeding will be Saturday 24th or Saturday 31st May from10 am – 12.30 pm. Neville kindly offered help from the Badgers Bowls team at last November’s meeting.
2) Roy will repair the rainwater drainage over the emergency exit.
Old School Garden and Claypits – There will be a working party to tidy the Old School Garden on Sunday 27th April at 10 am. Help from anyone who can spare the time to join us would be very welcome.
Hall Hire Charges – Some of our new charges are as follows:
Regular users in the Main Hall in the evenings £14 and for non-regular users, £17.
Main Hall, morning or afternoon, £14.
Conference Room, morning or afternoon, £10 (except good neighbours scheme meetings which are only in there for about an hour).
Childrens’ parties, £25. These increases will take immediate effect from today.
A full list of our Hall Hire charges is on our village website and is also displayed in the Conference Room in the Hall.
Forthcoming Events
Guided Walk in the Bosherston/Stackpole area. Jill will contact the National Park about this. If Haydn Garlick is not able to lead the walk, she will contact someone else.
Correspondence
1) Bettina Becker of the Pembrokeshire Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers is offering free wool spinning lessons at the Bloomfield Centre, Narberth. There will be three sessions: 5th April, 3rd May and 7th June, from 10 am to 1 pm. Booking is essential (01437 563657).
2) Pembrokeshire County Council has informed us that the Hall will again be zero-rated this year.
Any Other Business
1) Amelia Stone from Tavernspite has started a soft play session for young children in the Hall on Wednesday mornings. She also hopes to do an after-school yoga class for older children. For further details, contact Amelia on 01834 832963
2) Jill Chatwin and Caz Phillips would like to start an informal knitting and crochet group where people could meet and bring along anything that they were currently working on.

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 30TH JULY 2014 AT 8 PM




LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
WEDNESDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2014


Present
Roy James, Sue James, Tony Brinsden, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb


Apologies
Jill Chatwin, Ruth Roberts, Neville Ruff; John James; Wendy Jones; Dilys Jenkinson


Minutes of Previous AGM
These were read and confirmed.


Treasurer’s Report
Andy Webb presented his report and Statement of Accounts for the year ending 31st October 2013 and copies were handed round.
Newsletter and Website – Ruth Roberts has again produced two editions of the very valuable newsletter as well as maintaining and improving the now extensive Llanteg Village website. Printing costs have dropped slightly, from £336 to £329. We had expected them to stay about the same. Advertising revenue has risen sharply to £320 from £265, so the Newsletter has almost covered its costs as well as spreading news and information about Llanteg very effectively. Ruth continues to run these operations at almost no cost, which compares very well with other village halls who have to spend more on more limited websites. As ever, many thanks go to Ruth for her ceaseless efforts.
100 Club –John Lewis-Tunster has now handed the running of the 100 Club over to Andy Webb. Andy expressed his thanks to John for running the Club for so long. We now have 52 members, contributing £624 annually, so the final draw prize fund for 2013/14 will be increased by £12. The Club will end its financial year with £375 in its account, having paid the prizes, so when the subscriptions due in April 2014 have been collected, there should be enough in the account to pay £312 into Hall funds for the financial year 2013/14 and the regular contribution to Hall funds for the financial year 2014/15.
Donations – We owe grateful thanks to Llanteg Bowls and Badgers Bowls for their generous donations of £100 each, and to RWE npower for their £50 donation.


Chairman’s Report
Roy began by thanking everyone for attending the AGM and expressed his appreciation for the time and support that the committee members had given to the Hall during 2013. He thanked our Treasurer, Andy, not only for his thorough report and for his hard work over the past year, but also for taking on the financial responsibility and running of the 100 Club. He also expressed his appreciation for the efforts that Andy has put into attending meetings and events and for liaising with the Probation Service who painted the outside of the Hall. He hoped that Andy would continue as Treasurer in the forthcoming year. Roy also thanked Sue for all the hard work that she does as Secretary on behalf of the Committee to ensure that things run smoothly, which often involves meeting people and resolving issues in the evenings and at weekends. In addition, he thanked Ruth Webb for her efficiency as the Minutes Secretary and Ruth Roberts, our Publicity Officer, for all her fine work and good ideas, especially for the work that she has put into the village website and newsletter which are so valuable to the community. The Llanteg Community Website remains the one that other communities aspire to. Roy also thanked all who were involved in cleaning and pressure washing the exterior of the Hall, prior to its being painted by the Probation Service.


During 2013 Llanteg Village Hall Association took over responsibility for the maintenance of the Old School Garden and the Claypits from Llanteg Community Association, with ownership and responsibility for insurance remaining with Amroth Community Council. The transferred funds from the Community Association will be used for maintenance work, with future fund raising done via this committee. Roy thanked John James and Malcolm Brewin for volunteering to attend the committee meetings. He also thanked Jill Chatwin for organising the community walks during the past year.


The Hall income this year is showing a slight fall and Roy noted that, were it not for the savings that we have in reserve then our finances would be of greater concern. He expressed grateful thanks to our very loyal supporters, Llanteg and Badgers Short Mat Bowls Clubs and Llanteg History Society. The Mothers’ Union no longer meet. The Hall income remains of the greatest concern and this is no doubt due to the economic climate and competition from other community halls. We must continue to promote the use of the Hall, within and outside the community, in order to maintain the facilities that we provide here, and to include a broader section of the community in developing the Hall in the future. We must also look at new ways of raising funds because what small amount of capital we have invested will dwindle away unless we adopt and develop other income streams.


Energy costs appear to be stabilising at the moment but may well increase again in the future. Our heating energy costs are of particular concern. We can never compete with an energy-efficient new-build hall which would have the opportunity to tap into renewable energy and energy conservation systems. It is very unsatisfactory that grants for improving energy efficiency are available for domestic properties, whilst nothing exists for community halls such as ours.


In the coming months we intend to improve the insulation in the Main Hall and to refurbish the kitchen, provided that we can obtain lottery funding for both projects.


Finally, Roy expressed his appreciation to all the Committee members for their enthusiasm and efforts over the past year.


Election of Committee
The following Officers were elected:
Chairman – Roy James
Secretary – Sue James
Treasurer – Andy Webb
100 Club – Andy Webb


Ruth Roberts agreed to continue as Publicity Officer, running the village website and compiling the Newsletter.
Ruth Webb agreed to continue as Minutes Secretary.
All the members present agreed to stay on the Committee and Neville Ruff has agreed to continue to represent Badgers Short Mat Bowls Club. The other committee members who were not present will be asked if they wish to remain on it.


Matters Arising
Tony Brinsden proposed a vote of thanks to the Committee members for all their hard work over the years and Roy thanked him on behalf of the Committee.


This concluded the AGM


A committee meeting was held on 12th February 2014.
Present
Roy James, Sue James, Tony Brinsden, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies
Jill Chatwin, Ruth Roberts, Neville Ruff; John James; Wendy Jones; Dilys Jenkinson
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.


Matters arising
100 Club –The final draw for 2013/14 will held at the Llanteg History Society meeting on 18th February 2014. The current balance in the 100 Club account is £436.91 and all the January winners have cashed their cheques. Subscriptions for 2014/15 will be due in April. About 60% are currently paid via Standing Order and Andy will try to encourage more people to do this.



Village Newsletter and Website – Ruth Roberts entered a copy of our last Newsletter for a competition run by PLANED but, unfortunately, ours was not one of the winners.


Heat Conservation in the Main Hall and Kitchen Improvements
Sue is waiting for an updated quote for insulation for the long west wall in the Main Hall. When this arrives, we will be able to apply for a grant to cover both this and the kitchen improvements.


External and Internal Maintenance
1) We will arrange a date/s to repaint the places inside the Hall which need it when the weather improves.
2) Roy will repair the rainwater drainage over the emergency exit.


Old School Garden and Claypits – Vehicles are using the area in front of the gate to the Claypits to turn round. As a result, the ground there has been churned up and has become very muddy, which will make access to the site difficult. To alleviate this problem, Alan Davies, Trenewydd, has kindly offered to provide some hardcore and Tony said that he will collect this from him. The Community Council precept has increased this year and it was agreed that we should ask if it would be possible to have a little money to help with maintenance tasks such as this.


Hall Hire Charges– Our Hall Hire charges have remained the same since 2009 and at the last meeting (15th January 2014) it was agreed that, given the increasing costs of oil and electricity, they should be raised. Charges for regular users in the main hall in the evenings will be increased from £12 to £14 and for non-regular users from £15 to £17. The Main Hall, morning or afternoon, will be increased from £12 to £14, the Committee Room from £8 to £10 (except good neighbours scheme meetings which are only in there for about an hour), and childrens’ parties from £20 to £25. These increases will take immediate effect from today.


Forthcoming Events
Guided Walk in the Bosherston/Stackpole area. The National Park Ranger who has agreed to guide this walk has injured his leg so it has been postponed until February or March. More details later.


Correspondence
1) We have received a letter and cheque for the remaining rental for the Mothers’ Union from Mollie James, the Treasurer. This branch of the Mothers’ Union has now closed. Mollie said that they had found the Hall to be comfortable and convenient and that they were grateful for the help and support of the committee.
2) The annual return for the Charity Commission is now due and Sue will do this online.

Any Other Business
Sue, Tony and John James attended the Police Community Support Officer surgery at the Regency Hall, Saundersfoot on 3rd February. Whenever possible, someone from the Committee will attend these regular meetings on the first Monday of each month, Saundersfoot on the first Monday of each month at 7 pm

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 9TH APRIL 2014 AT 8 PM


A committee meeting was held on 15th January 2014.

Present
Roy James, Sue James, John James, Neville Ruff, Tony Brinsden, Dilys Jenkinson, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies
Ruth Roberts, Wendy Jones, Jill Chatwin

The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Matters arising
100 ClubThe fifth draw for 2013/14 was held at this evening’s meeting. The winners were: 1st prize, No. 77 Mr and Mrs Hinman (£25); 2nd prize, No. 45 Owen Brinsden (£15); 3rd prize, No. 61 Pamela Bowen (£10). The current balance in the 100 Club account is £486.91 and all the previous winners for this year have cashed their cheques.
Village Newsletter and Website – Ruth Roberts entered a copy of our last Newsletter for a competition run by PLANED.
Heat Conservation in the Main Hall and Kitchen Improvements
1) Heat deflecting foil has now been fitted behind the radiators on the long outside wall of the Main Hall.
2) Andy will obtain an updated quote for insulation for that wall.
3) We now have enough quotes to apply for a grant from Awards for All Wales for our proposed kitchen improvements. We will also add insulation for the outside wall to this application.

External and Internal Maintenance
1) We will arrange a date/s at the Annual General Meeting which will be held next month to repaint the places inside the Hall which need it.
2) Roy will repair the rainwater drainage over the emergency exit.

Old School Garden and Claypits –Vehicles are using the area in front of the gate to the Claypits to turn round. As a result, the ground there has been churned up and has become very muddy, which will make access to the site difficult. Malcolm has obtained an offer of hardcore which could be put there to alleviate this problem. This will be done when time and the weather permit.

Possible Daytime Courses in the Hall – An item was included in the Autumn/Winter Newsletter, asking people if they would be interested in attending courses in the Hall. However, no interest has been expressed.

Forthcoming Events
Guided Walk in the Bosherston/Stackpole area. The National Park Ranger who has agreed to guide this walk has injured his leg so it has been postponed until February or March. More details later.

Correspondence
We have had a letter from the National Parks to say that the the Trelessy turbine appeal will be held in the Hall on Wednesday 5th March. This will be open to the public from 10 am. Anyone who wishes to attend may do so.
Any Other Business
1) Our Police Community Support Officer, Jim Moffat was invited to the meeting this evening to speak to us. Several surgeries were held in the Hall over the past few months but they were very poorly attended. Jim was willing to continue these but the committee members agreed that, for just one or two people, it would not be a good use of his time. Regular meetings are held at the Regency Hall, Saundersfoot on the first Monday of each month at 7 pm so it was decided that someone from the committee would attend each month and would report back with anything that was directly relevant to the residents of Llanteg. Topics of interest will be included on the website and in the Newsletter, and anything which Llanteg residents should be made aware of more urgently would be circulated by email and word of mouth. Anyone who wishes to contact Jim or report anything suspicious can do so on 07769218581, or can phone 101.
2) Sue has sent a letter on behalf of the Committee to Pembrokeshire County Council, expressing our concern about the very poor condition of the road between Llanteg Cross and Tavernspite, particularly the stretch between Crunwere House and Peggy Rogers’ Corner. Tony Brinsden reported that this road has been on the Council’s list for a long time but, because of the financial cuts, the current policy is that roads will not be repaired unless they are very dangerous. Pot holes should be reported to the Highways Department at the Council or to Ian Westley, the Director of Transportation, Housing and the Environment. If a pothole has been reported to the Council as dangerous then they could be held responsible for any damage caused by that pothole that occurs after it has been reported to them and before repairs are carried out.
3) Our Hall Hire charges have remained the same since 2009 but, given the increasing costs of oil and electricity, it was agreed that these will be increased after the Annual General Meeting next month. We decided to increase the regular users in the main hall evenings from £12 to £14 and non regular users from £15 to £17. The Main Hall morning or afternoon will be increased from £12 to £14, the Committee Room from £8 to £10 (except good neighbours scheme meetings who are only in there for about an hour), and childrens’ parties from £20 to £25.
4) Our kitchen improvements and insulation are not eligible for the Police and Crime Commissioner grants.
5) Concern was expressed about the state of the road by the bus shelter near the Stony Road. The grass verge is being churned up by people parking on the grass verge next to it.
5) A Remembrance Service was held in the Hall at 10.45 am on Sunday 10th November. It was very well attended and our thanks go to John Lewis-Tunster for conducting it.

NEXT MEETING: AGM, WEDNESDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2014 AT 8 PM, to be followed by a Committee Meeting.