Saturday, 31 December 2016

Meetings 2017

LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION                       
Meeting 15th May 2017

A committee meeting was held on 15th May 2017

Committee Present

Roy James, Sue James, Jill Roberts, Ruth Roberts, John James, Polly Raymond,  Fran Rayner,  and Neville Ruff. 

Apologies

Tony Brinsden, Gwenda Jones, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair and Mary Megarry.

Matters arising

100 Club – The first draw will take place at the Drop in on Friday 26th May by which time all current subscriptions should have been paid. There are 20 outstanding.
A transfer of £325 plus the cost of a new set of balls £17.80 will be made to the hall account for the year 2016/17.
The current balance of £485.11 in the 100 club account includes direct debit and bank transfer receipts made for 2017/18.

Financial Situation ..............
Newsletter printing costs of £190 are due to be paid, also receipts of £80 for advertising in the newsletter are due.

Village Newsletter and Website –Thanks again to Ruth for her hard work with the newsletter, which is being printed.
The cost of printing has risen from £336 per annum to £396, Advertising revenue is £340, two adverts have been lost, but Ruth has gained three more, the resulting shortfall is now only £56 per year, and the end result and quality of the newsletter is very  good.
Pro print in Carmarthen may be slightly cheaper, but we would need to see a sample for comparison, if we were to change.

Kitchen Improvements – No progress.

External and Internal Maintenance –Simon Eggington has carried out the roof repairs, replaced the manhole covers and made good the surface at the car park exit. When the walls have thoroughly dried out, he will replaster and re paint.
Roy has used weedkiller in the hall car park, which is now taking effect.

Old School Garden and Claypits –Signs have been put at both community areas.
The proposed volunteer working party on the first Friday of the month could help to keep the community areas neat and tidy.

Community Walks- Thanks to Jill for organizing our walks, Blackpool Mill, Freshwater East, and Castlemartin tour were thoroughly enjoyed, and it was decided to make a donation of £20 each to National Parks and Freshwater East Reserve for Nature.
Future walks;
24th June            St Clears                                                  Led by Jill
22nd July            Coed Ystrad woods Johnstown               Nigel Bailey
28th August        Walk and DIY BBQ at Claypits
30th September  Tenby
21st October      Stepaside/Wisemans Bridge
18th November  Templeton                                                Nigel Bailey
27th January      Botanical Gardens                                   Nigel Bailey           .
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Roberts on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)
Drop in sessions- These sessions are still being well supported, we will make enquiries regarding using a mini bus(Bloomfield or Voluntary services) for trips out.Book club- This continues to be well supported.

Llanteg Fun Day- Polly reported that plans were well under way for the fun day, and appealed for as many helpers as possible for the 30th July event, also she has obtained many raffle prizes, raffle tickets are on order and co-op Kilgetty will allow the sale of tickets in store on a date to be decided.
Gazeebos also required on the day.

Main hall lighting- Sue has spoken to Peter Brace regarding lighting, he will install a sample light so that hall users, in particular Short Mat Bowlers, can assess how effective new lighting would be.

Anniversary Celebrations 2018-  Roy suggested  that there could be a 1940’s theme, with possibly some ideas from the Tin Shed in Laugharne, videos, DVD’s, wartime memorabilia, NAAFI.

Volunteers- This is being advertised in the newsletter for the first Friday of the month, an appeal for helpers to come along to help clean and tidy the hall and community areas.

Defibrillator-  The Tenby and Saundersfoot first responders had attended the PACT meeting and the Community Council meeting with the aim of placing Defibrillators at halls and schools,
Jim Moffatt our local PCSO is taking part in a sponsored bike ride from Anglesey to Pembrokeshire to raise funds towards their purchase.


Correspondence

Rates- We have had notification that for the coming year we are still zero rated.



 Forthcoming Events


Great Get Together-  Theri Bailey has enquired regarding this non political event being held nationally in memory of Jo Cox , around the anniversary of her death. Ruth will contact Theri for more details, and a flyer could be delivered with the newsletter to advertise an afternoon get together on the 18th June in the Hall.

Any Other Business

Electricity contract- Our two year contract with SSE Swalec is due for renewal in July, Roy obtained quotations from various suppliers, and eventually managed to obtain a very favourable rate from our present supplier, who have agreed a fixed price for the next two years. 

NEXT MEETING: 


     Monday July 10th @ 7.30pm


LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
 20th MARCH 2017

A committee meeting was held on 20th March 2017

Committee Present
Sue James, Jill Roberts, Ruth Roberts, John James, Polly Raymond, Tony Brinsden, Mary Megarry, Fran Rayner, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair, and Neville Ruff.

Apologies
Roy James, and Gwenda Jones.
Also present were Vicky Hinman and friend Joanne, also Caz Pattison-Phillips had planned to attend but had to send her apologies.

Matters arising
100 Club – The sixth draw will take place at the Drop- in on Friday 31st March.
All Cheques from previous draws have been presented.
The renewal date for subscriptions is the 1st April, a considerable number of members are now paying by standing order, Mary will compile a list of any members paying by cash or cheque to ensure these can be collected in time for the first draw in May.
A new set of balls is to be purchased.
Village Newsletter and Website – The deadline for the next newsletter is 15th April for copy, and advertisements to be paid for by 1st April.
There will be a reminder for 100 club membership.
Front page will advertise Llanteg Fun Day 30th July.
It was agreed to extend the delivery date to ensure that the Council election results could be included in this edition.
Llanteg Facebook page is also being used to publicise, walks, drop-ins, book club as well as news items.
Kitchen Improvements – No progress.
External and Internal Maintenance –Sue has again spoken to Simon Eggington regarding doing the repair work on the hall, he has promised to do the work this week, weather permitting.
Old School Garden and Claypits –The quantity of chippings which had been placed (by Alan Davies of Trenewydd) at the entrance to the Clay Pits had been a great improvement, however, vehicles are still turning in the entrance, causing damage, Tony will ask Alan to place some more chippings when he is available. John stated the grassed area contains a considerable amount of moss.
Ruth will obtain information signs for both community areas.
Community Walks - Thanks to Jill for organizing our walks, the Botanical Gardens and Penally walks were thoroughly enjoyed by all, despite the weather on both occasions, and she has arranged the following :
March 25th - Blackpool Mill 1.30pm
April 29th - Freshwater East Vicky Tomlinson
May 7th Castlemartin (mini bus tour, places must be booked) National Parks
A donation will be made to National Parks, as no charge is made for their guided walks.
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Roberts on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)
Drop in sessions - Two sessions have already been held, start time is now 10.30am. Both dates were well supported, Jim Moffatt our local PCSO attended, with some welcome tips on various scams etc to be aware of, thanks to Carolyn for providing the delicious cake.
Book club - Mary has set up a monthly book club, and has already had one meeting in February with 7 people present, others are interested, and it was decided anyone wishing to join should contact Mary initially and if numbers continue to increase possibly another club could be set up. The next meeting is on 4th April hosted by Carolyn. The format being the host is the person who decides the book title.
Other venues can be the village hall, pubs, cafes etc.
Llanteg Fun Day - Polly reported that plans were well under way for the fun day, and appealed for as many helpers as possible for the 30th July event.
Hall users insurance - Sue has reminded hirers that any equipment they bring into the hall and any activities they take part in must be insured by themselves as they are not covered by the hall insurance.
Main hall lighting -Sue will obtain quotes from Peter Brace and Garwood to replace the lighting in the hall, the main condition for bowling purposes, being they still run lengthwise along the hall.

Correspondence
The annual Charity Commission return has been completed.
Quilters Guild of Great British Isles have a hall booking for 14th October,
Tenby and Saundersfoot Community First Responders aim to place a defibrillator at all schools and hallsin South Pembrokeshire in 2017, and are looking for support to fund the £1500 needed for each one, a discussion followed regarding siting, training , maintenance etc. Further information would be required regarding this project.

Forthcoming Events
Anniversary Celebrations 2018 - This to be held on 14th January, Ruth has already purchased tablecloths and novelty items to reflect raffle prizes from the original opening night raffle in 1948, these will be supplemented with more up to date prizes on the night!

Any Other Business
Donations box - £2 donation had been received at the Feb Drop-in session, we will need to provide a donations box in the hall.
Swapping Skills - Barbara suggested that a skills swop would be helpful in the village, where people could post an offer of certain skills in exchange for another, however we would be unable as a committee, as with the newsletter, to provide recommendations, it would be a purely personal choice.
We concluded that maybe people networking at the drop in coffee mornings on an informal basis may be the best way to proceed for now. The formal Good Neighbours Group which was set up a few years ago did not have much of a take-up and was eventually discontinued.
Volunteers needed - Neville suggested a fairly regular weekday morning get-together for volunteers to help out with various community tasks which need to be managed, eg cleaning the plastic on exterior of village hall, grass cutting and weeding at all community areas, cleaning the bus shelter and anything else to keep our village spruced up!
NEXT MEETING:
Monday May 15th @ 7.30pm


ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MONDAY 23rd JANUARY 2017
Present
Sue James, Tony Brinsden, John James, Jill Roberts, Polly Raymond, Ruth Roberts, Gwenda Jones and Mary Megarry.

Apologies
Roy James, Barbara Sinclair, Kevin Caley and Neville Ruff.

Sue James chaired the meeting in Roy’s absence.

Minutes of Previous AGM
These were confirmed.

Treasurer’s Report
Llanteg Village Hall Association Treasurer’s Report
Year Ended Oct 2016

The Association ended the financial year with a healthy cash balance.
In terms of Income and Expenditure, there was a decrease in income, most notably Hall Hire, which was down 12.1% but this was offset by a significant decrease in utility costs and the level of repairs & maintenance compared to 2015, where there was a programme of kitchen refurbishment and general repairs.  Power costs have also decreased which has helped.
We continue to received regular income.
We are grateful for the 100% increase in donations from £90 in 2015 to £180 this year. The Newsletter cost very slightly more this year resulting in only £16 net income (2015: £51), but this was due to the switch to colour printing, which has been appreciated by the recipients and should prove more attractive to advertisers, thereby bringing in more income.
Owing to the current financial situation, despite being in funds and with a healthy savings account balance, we only received £5 bank interest.
The 100 club again contributed £319 towards funds. Membership is still available and efforts will be made to increase membership during early 2017. This will then result in more funds for the Hall, together with engaging more villagers to use the hall and it remain at the heart of the community.

                                                                                                Mary Megarry
                                                                                                            23 January 2017


Chairman’s Report
 Llanteg Village Hall Chairman’s Report 2016

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, my apologies for not being able to attend this evening.
However, my thanks to you all for attending the AGM and more importantly for the support and time you’ve all given during 2016, all of which is deeply appreciated.

I express thanks to our Treasurer Mary for her thorough financial statement and for all her hard work on our behalf. Personally, I hope that Mary continues in this role in the forthcoming year.

My thanks go to our Secretary Sue James for the efficient manner in which she carries out her duties, meeting and talking with people and ensuring things run smoothly.
In addition, my appreciation goes to Ruth Roberts as our Publicity Officer for all her work and good ideas, especially for the work she puts into the village web site and news letter. The latter is now self financing and has become a very effective means of communicating with all of our community!

My appreciation for the entire committee’s enthusiasm and efforts over the past year, since without your support and inspiration, this hall could not survive.

As for hall finances:
Although income from hall is slightly down on the previous year our net profit has risen and this is mainly due to lower maintenance/repair costs.
The 100 club remains an important part of our income stream and thanks go out to all who support it, don’t forget “you’ve got to be in it to win it”.

This all means that our current and savings accounts remain in a healthy state.

Therefore a huge thanks to our very loyal supporters; Llanteg and Badgers short mat bowls clubs, Llanteg History Society, Snowdrops, Piloxing and New Life Church. Along with those who support us by holding functions and meetings here, thanks to you all.

Turning to the community:
In the summer we had our first “Llanteg Fun Day” which was organised by Jo and Polly Raymond and this was a resounding success, raising £1,400 for the Welsh Air Ambulance Service. We all had a great day and crowds turned up to make it a resounding success. Well done Jo and Polly, this is what community spirit is all about, huge thanks to you and everyone else who worked to make this possible.

Many thanks to John James, who throughout the year spends time cutting grass and weeding at both the Village Green and Clay pits. It won’t be long before those weeds return, so please spare some time to weed and cut grass with us in March?

Finally, thanks go to Jill Roberts (Chatwin) for organising our community walks throughout the past year, which after this winter I’m sure we are all looking forward to more walks in 2017.

Thank you.

Roy James

Election of Committee

The following Officers were elected:

Chairman – Roy James
Secretary – Sue James
Treasurer _ Mary Megarry
100 Club –  Mary Megarry

Ruth Roberts agreed to continue as Publicity Officer, running the village website and compiling the Newsletter.

Jill Roberts is our Community walks co-ordinator

Sue James agreed to continue as Minutes Secretary.

All the existing members present agreed to stay on the Committee.

This concluded the AGM


LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL AND COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONMeeting 23rd January 2017

A committee meeting was held on 23rd January following the AGM

Present
Sue James, Jill Roberts, Ruth Roberts, John James, Polly Raymond, Gwenda Jones, Tony Brinsden, and Mary Megarry.

Apologies
Roy James,  Barbara Sinclair, Kevin Caley and Neville Ruff.

Matters arising

100 Club – The fifth draw was carried out,
1st prize, Jean Mortimer (No.59) £25;
 2nd prize, Audrey James (No.13) £15;
 3rd prize,  Joan Robinson (No.3), £10.
All Cheques from previous draws have been presented.

Village Newsletter and Website – The deadline for the next newsletter is 15th April.
Unfortunately we have lost £40 of advertising space due to the closure of the High Noon Stores.
Ruth is hoping that she is able to encourage new advertisers to make up for this loss.
It was agreed to continue using the current printers, as we all feel the colour printing is a great improvement.
The only annual expense for the website is approximately £32, Matthew Roberts kindly hosts our website saving us any further expense. The Committee are very grateful to Matthew for this.

Kitchen Improvements – The plinth heater has not yet been fitted.
External and Internal Maintenance
–Sue had spoken to Simon Eggington regarding doing the repair work on the hall.

Old School Garden and Claypits –The quantity of chippings which have been placed (by Alan Davies of Trenewydd) at the entrance to the Clay Pits have been a great improvement.

Community Walks- Thanks to Jill for organizing our walks, and she has arranged the following :

February  25th -   Penally   1.30pm                                          Vicky Tomlinson
March 25th -        Blackpool Mill 1.30pm                                  Dave Kerrison
April 29th    -        Freshwater East                                           Vicky Tomlinson
May  7th             Castlemartin  (mini bus tour, places must be booked)     National Parks  

For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Chatwin on 01834 831142 orJill75Roberts@gmail.com or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)

Pre Christmas get-together
This evening was a great success, with about 40 people present, being welcomed by Polly and Hope with mulled wine on entry. The bring your own food worked well, with more than enough for everyone.
Instead of this being a pre Christmas event this year, Ruth suggested it would be a good idea to celebrate our hall’s 70 years anniversary in January 2018, a provisional date of the 14th is planned for this. This will also be another opportunity for any new residents to the village to come along.

Electrical inspection
This has been carried out by Peter Brace, though no invoice to date.

 Correspondence
 An entry form for the Pembrokeshire festivals brochure 2017 produced by PLANED  has been received and returned requesting an entry for the Llanteg Fun Day. on 30th July. Starting at 12pm.

    Forthcoming Events
 Drop in sessions - These to begin on January 27th @9.30am in the form of a coffee morning on the last
 Friday of each month.
 Sue will get supplies for this.
 Ruth will advertise this on “ Pembrokeshire what’s on website”  in addition to posters, village website etc.

 Book Club
    Mary is setting up a monthly book club, and has already had five expressions of interest, the aim is to read a set book and then meet, either in houses, pubs, or the village hall, for a discussion about the book.  

Any Other Business

 Llanteg Fun Day
This year the fun day will be held on the 30th July , Polly has contacted Valero, in the hope of being able to use the marquee which they kindly loaned last year.

Hall users insurance
Ruth felt it would be a good idea to remind all hirers that any equipment they bring into the hall and any activities they take part in must be insured by themselves as they are not covered by the hall insurance.

Main hall lighting
Sue suggested we need to upgrade the lighting in the main hall, the fluorescent tubes are inefficient, and the holders in need of attention, quotes to be obtained from Garwood and Peter Brace.
However Mary felt we should contact our main users, who are the bowls clubs, to find out what lighting is preferable before obtaining any figures.


NEXT MEETING:

Monday March 20th @ 7.30pm

Monday, 18 January 2016

Meetings 2016

A committee meeting was held on 14th November at 7.30pm
Present
Sue James, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Roberts, John James, Polly Raymond
Apologies
Roy James, Tony Brinsden, Barbara Sinclair, Gwenda Jones, Mary Megarry.
Matters arising
100 Club – The balance in the 100 club account is £533.91. The £15 cheque payable to Jane Harries has now been presented,
The fourth draw was carried out,
1st prize, Sylvia Johnson (No.63) £25;
2nd prize, Roger Harries (No.29) £15;
3rd prize, Ann Newman (No.15), £10.
Cheques were made out and will be delivered by Sue.
Village Newsletter and Website – No changes regarding the website.
John complimented Ruth on the newsletter and thanked her for all the hard work put in to produce it.
It is now being distributed around the village, and some spare copies to be placed in the hairdressers and High Noon Stores.
During the colour printing process, Ruth found slight changes to her draft, she will query why this happens with the printers.
The invoice has been received from Bert Edwards and a cheque has been issued
Kitchen Improvements – The plinth heater has not yet been fitted, Sue will remind Malcolm.
External and Internal Maintenance –Roy met with Simon Eggington to investigate the causes of the leaks above the windows in the store room, kitchen and some of the toilets, a quote has been received, and it was agreed to ask Simon to carry out the works, Sue will also ask him to repair the car park surface and replace manhole covers which have become loose, and also move the notice board from the Old School Garden to the Clay Pits.
John proposed that the hedge be cut back to help with visibility when exiting the car park at the top end, we will also install no exit signs to encourage users to use the exit at the other end of the car park.
Old School Garden and Claypits –A quantity of chippings has been placed at the entrance to the Clay Pits which has made a great improvement.
Community Walks- Thanks to Jill for organizing and leading the very enjoyable geo cache walk at Colby Lodge, and arranging the Laugharne walk guided by Peter Stopp.
Jill has also appealed to other groups’ walk leaders, and has arranged the following walks
November 26th - Begelly tramway 2pm Nigel Bailey
January 29th - Botanic Gardens Nigel Bailey
February 25th - Penally Vicky Tomlinson
March 25th - Blackpool Mill Dave Kerrison
April 29th - Freshwater East Vicky Tomlinson
May 7th Castlemartin (mini bus tour) National Parks
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Chatwin on 01834 831142 or llantegca@gmail.com, or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)
Correspondence
Hall Insurance- new documents and certificate have been received..
Rates- Notification regarding revaluation of rates in 2017 has been received, Sue has checked that the details on the website correspond with our present rateable value (£2000 x 0.486 the multiplier = £972. ), however no decisions have been made on the new multiplier to be used, or whether a decision has been made regarding the charity relief we get as a community hall, from both the Welsh government(£777.60) and Pembrokeshire Council.(£194.90)
In view of the fact that we may have an amount to pay next year, Polly suggested a donations box be placed in the hall, with a notice on it stating it would be used for the upkeep of the hall.
Letter from Rev M Osborne re Christmas tree festival at Amroth church December 13th -17th with a Christmas carol theme, Ruth is already busy with ideas for several trees from History Society, Hall/Community Association, Newsletter,
Forthcoming Events
Pre Christmas get together 26th November -Ruth has produced invitations for new residents which have been delivered with the newsletters, Sue will ask the New Life Church to decorate as they did last year, the small trees can be used to decorate the tables,
Polly and Ruth will obtain prices for Mulled wine to use as a welcome drink,
Drop in sessions- These to begin in January in the form of a coffee morning on the last Friday in the month.
Any Other Business
Elecrical Inspection- This is now due, Sue will contact Peter Brace .
Burger van - A request has been received to site a hot food van in the car park, Committee decided this was not possible, due to traffic issues, litter, daytime use of hall, also there are food outlets, Byrons and the high noon stores already in the village, Sue to contact Stacey Haynes with our decision and suggest use of lay by opposite Bryneli instead.
NEXT MEETING:

This will be the AGM on MONDAY 23rd January 2017 at 7.30 PM


A hall committee meeting was held on 5th September at 7.30pm

Present
Sue James, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Roberts, Fran Rayner, Gwenda Jones; Mary Megarry
Apologies
Roy James, Tony Brinsden, Polly Raymond, Neville Ruff, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair, John James

Matters arising
100 Club – The balance in the 100 club account is £598.91. The £15 cheque payable to Jane Harries has not yet been presented, Mary will follow this up.
The third draw was carried out, 1st prize, Nicholas Jones (No.8) £25; 2nd prize, Ruth Roberts (No.88) £15; 3rd prize Polly Raymond (No.48), £10.
Village Newsletter and Website – We all agreed that the newsletter in colour is a great improvement Advertisements have raised £320 for the year so the shortfall is only £50. Ruth Webb has offered to carry on proof reading the Newsletter, and Barbara Sinclair has also kindly offered to proof read when necessary.
Matthew Roberts now hosts the village website for free from his own site, we will just need to pay to keep our domain name annually, this year’s fee is £32.99, There are now no pop-ups.
Items for the next newsletter to be submitted by 15th October, Ruth is already working on several items, Kevin Phelps- Ironman, Ross Williams-pilots licence, Bevlin-sweet manufacture awards, Rebekah Chatwin-student of the year, Get-together-Nov26th, Coffee morning drop-ins to start January 2017,Christmas tree festival-Amroth church, New Residents, Gwenda Jones’ daughter and John James’ daughter (career achievements).
Gwenda suggested a map of the village be put in the newsletter, showing specific areas of interest, Mary said the Corran in Laugharne hold several events during the year which we may not be aware of, and they could be approached to advertise.
Village Fête and Fun Day
This was a fantastic success due to all the hard work put in by Jo and Polly Raymond with the huge sum of £1400 being donated to the Welsh Air Ambulance. They are already thinking up ideas for 2017!!
Kitchen Improvements – The plinth heater has not yet been fitted, Sue will remind Malcolm.
External and Internal Maintenance –Roy met with Simon Eggington to investigate the causes of the leaks above the windows in the store room, kitchen and some of the toilets and will quote for repairs.
Old School Garden and Claypits – We are very grateful to John James, for keeping the Clay Pits neat and tidy throughout the year, Ruth will again put an appeal in the newsletter for helpers to maintain the Clay Pits and the Old School garden.
Due to our not being successful in our bid for help from Pembrokeshire College along with Dragon LNG’s annual Make a Difference Day, the Old School Garden became very overgrown this year, therefore next year we will need to make an early start on weed control and tidying.
Barrier Round Hall Car Park Gate Post – Following the repair to the hole in the pavement, and the removal of the wall, there is some repair work needed to the carpark surface.
Community Walks- Thanks to Jill for organizing and leading the very enjoyable walk around the village with points of interest (history researched and provided by Ruth) on the 29th August, followed by the annual DIY barbecue at the Clay Pits.
Jill has also appealed to other groups’ walk leaders, and has arranged the following walks
September 24th --Laugharne ‘open doors’ weekend 2pm Peter Stopp.
October 29th - Geocaching at Colby Lodge 1pm Jill Chatwin
November 26th - Begelly tramway 2pm Nigel Bailey
January 29th - Botanic Gardens Nigel Bailey
National Parks wardens offer Castlemartin and Nevern walks.(2017)
Other local groups are Whitland-Monday, Saundersfoot-Tuesday, St Clears-alternate Wednesdays, Tenby-Saturday.
A register is also being compiled on line for all walking groups to advertise where, when and contact details.
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Chatwin on 01834 831142 or llantegca@gmail.com, or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)

Any Other Business
It was decided to hold a pre Christmas get-together for the whole community (with invites being given to recent new residents) on November 26th from 7pm onwards.
Anyone wishing to come along will be asked to bring a plate of food and any drinks. The event will be advertised in the newsletter and posters.
We have had a request to re commence the open-house sessions, this will be in the New Year in the form of a coffee morning on the last Friday in the month.
Name plaques- Ruth suggested name/information plaques be made for Clay Pits and Old School Garden to make people aware they are community areas, Mary proposed asking Amroth community Council for finance for this, Ruth will follow this up.

NEXT MEETING: MONDAY 14th November AT 7.30 PM

The Remembrance Service will be held in the Hall on the 13th November at 10.45am


A Committee meeting was held on 4th July 2016
Present
Ruth Roberts, Roy James, Sue James, Jill Chatwin, Fran Rayner, Polly Raymond, Barbara Sinclair, Kevin Caley, Mary Megarry.
Apologies
Tony Brinsden, Neville Ruff.
Roy welcomed and introduced Mary Megarry to the committee, Mary has recently moved back to her home at Stepaside and has volunteered to take over the role of treasurer, she has several years experience and knowledge of finance issues in Pembrokeshire and the committee agreed that Mary be appointed as our new treasurer.
Matters arising
100 club -There are currently 57 members (three new members since the first draw have paid £10 each) and the balance in the 100 club is now £633.91.
£319 has been transferred to Hall funds for 2015/2016 year end. All cheques for the May draw, have been presented.
The second draw for 2016/2017 was carried out and the winners were; 1st prize Sue James (No 38) £25, 2nd prize Jane Harries (No 30) £15. 3rd prize Polly Raymond (No 48) £10.

Financial situation -...
Donations have been gratefully received of £100 from the Badgers Bowls club, and £25 from Eileen Deverell (this cheque was made out to Sue James, this has been replaced by a cheque from Sue in favour of the village hall)

Village newsletter and website - Matthew Roberts is now hosting our website on his own site, at no charge, our only expense is for the domain name, and there are now no pop-ups.
The newsletter printing invoice has not yet been received by e-mail, Ruth will send a reminder. Also a cheque for £10 will be made out to Ruth, as refund of cash which she had paid to the treasurer, for the Horsemanstone advert, which had also been paid by bank credit.

Village fete and fun day, 31st July - Polly reported that bookings had been slower than last year, due to the Fun Day having to be cancelled due to weather conditions.
Valero are providing and erecting the marquee this year.
Larger advertising signs are required, possibly to be placed at Middleton, Llanteg crossroads and near the Red Roses turning on the main road.
All the information is on the Llanteg Funday Facebook. Raffle tickets are being produced, High noon will be approached as they did well last year with ticket sales.
Anyone who would like a stall, or with offers of help, to contact Polly or Jo.
A meeting will be held nearer the event, Polly will contact Sue with a chosen date to e-mail to committee members.

Kitchen improvements - The plinth heater is still to be installed.

External and internal maintenance - Roy will discuss with Simon Eggington, as to repairs needed regarding the damp in the walls in the storeroom and above the windows in the kitchen and toilets.

Old School Garden and Claypits - Unfortunately our tidying up projects were not chosen by the ‘Make a Difference Day’ run by Pembrokeshire college and Valero staff, therefore we will need to get a working party together for strimming and tidying at the hall, Old School Garden and Clay Pits, Sue will e-mail the committee with a date, and hopefully some of us will be able to volunteer a couple of hours. Andy Dawe from the Barn also volunteered his help, if he is available.
Ruth has had an enquiry from a member of the New Life Christian Church who has an interest in metal detecting, and possible detecting at the Clay Pits, however it was felt due to various issues that any request for such activity would need to be directed to the Community Council.
However a notice could be placed in the next newsletter, regarding anyone who may wish to have their own premises ‘metal detected’.

Barrier around Hall car park and gate post - Following correspondence by e-mail with the Trunk Road Agency, who passed the problem to Welsh government, within a short period of time the hole was repaired and the barriers removed. The damaged wall, due to its dangerous state, has been removed, however the remaining surface does need some repair work.

Correspondence - Publicity material regarding screening available from the NHS has been received.

Community walks - On Saturday 25th June, 8 walkers enjoyed a circular walk from Angle car park, past Chapel Bay Fort and the Old Point House, ending with a very welcome tea break at the tearooms at the car park.
Further walks suggested, Llanteg August 29th finishing at the Clay pits for our annual DIY barbecue
Blackpool Mill- possibly end September (24th?)

Next meeting Monday 5th September @ 7.30 pm

Ps I forgot to mention the Ludchurch horticultural show on Friday 5th August in Llanteg Hall.


A committee meeting was held on 23rdt May 2016.

Present
Sue James, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Roberts, John James, Fran Rayner, Gwenda Jones; Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies
Roy James, Tony Brinsden, Polly Raymond, Neville Ruff

The minutes of the last meeting were confirmed.

Matters arising

100 Club – There are currently 54 members and the balance in the 100 Club account is £982.91. Half the money from the 100 Club is paid out in prizes each year and half goes to the Village Hall funds so £319 will be transferred to the Hall for the year 2015/16. On the basis of 54 members for the year 2016/17 there will be £32 extra at the end of the year to be added to the prize fund and at the end of the  2016/17 100 Club year, £332 will be transferred to Hall funds. The first draw for 2016/17 was carried out and the winners were:
1st prize, Joan Robinson (No.4) £25; 2nd prize, Andy and Mary Dawe (No.25), £15; 3rd prize Darran James (No.3), £10.

Village Newsletter and Website – The Newsletter is now printed in colour. The cost for black and white printing was 73.3p/copy and for colour, 74p. We have now changed to George Edwards of Milford Haven because our previous printer Clayton’s could not match their price for colour printing. The two issues/year will cost £370 for 250 copies/issue. Advertisements have raised £320 for the year so the shortfall is only £50. Ruth Webb has offered to carry on proof reading the Newsletter when she and Andy have left the village. Matthew Roberts now hosts the village website for free from his own site. There are now no pop-ups and Ruth can make changes to the village website as required. We will just need to pay to keep our domain name at a cost of about £7 this coming September.

Village Fête and Fun Day
Polly was unable to attend so this will be discussed at the next meeting.

Kitchen Improvements – The plinth heater has not yet been fitted in the new kitchen but should be installed soon.

External and Internal Maintenance – Simon Eggington has identified the causes of the leaks above the windows in the store room, kitchen and some of the toilets and has quoted for repairs. He has also found the cause and rectified the leak over the fire exit door in the Main Hall. The boiler has been serviced and we are waiting for the bill for the fire extinguisher inspection.

Old School Garden and Claypits – On Thursday 30th June, Pembrokeshire College along with Dragon LNG will be holding its annual Make a Difference Day and is looking for community groups and charities that could benefit from their help. Each year, the college releases staff to carry out projects that will help the local communities that it serves. Sue has sent in an application for help with strimming the Hall car park and cutting back the shrubs there, together with strimming in the Old School Garden and Claypits and putting a coat of stain on the seats in both locations. Details of all projects submitted will go the college staff who will then decide which ones to undertake.

Barrier Round Hall Car Park Gate Post – The hole which appeared near the bottom gate post of the car is on the grass verge outside the Hall car park wall. The Trunk Roads Agency is responsible for repairing it and Sue has written to them about it, pointing out that the barrier has been there for a considerable length of time and is a health and safety hazard because it restricts both the width of the access and the field of view for people when driving out of the car park. One of the gate posts has already been badly damaged as a result.

Forthcoming Events
Guided walk – Chapel Bay Fort, Angle – Saturday 25th June. Meet at the Angle car park at the coast for a circular walk perhaps ending with a visit to a café.
Part of the Miner’s Walk (Saundersfoot/Wiseman’s Bridge/Sardis) – near the end of the year Possible Geocaching walk – either Colby or Llanteg area.
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Chatwin on 01834 831142 or llantegca@gmail.com, or visit the Llanteg village website (llanteg-village.co.uk)

Correspondence
1) The Charities Commission return has been completed
2) As members of PLANED, we have received an invitation for someone to attend the PLANED AGM on 3rd June.

Any Other Business
1) Andy Webb will shortly be moving away from the village so the Committee needs a new Treasurer as a matter of urgency. If anyone is willing to take this on, please contact Sue on 01834 831468.
2) On behalf of the committee John James thanked Andy and Ruth for all the work that they had done for the community during the time that they have lived in Llanteg and wished them well for their new life in the Midlands. Sue then presented them with some flowers and National Garden Gift Vouchers. Andy and Ruth thanked John for his kind words and the committee for their generosity. They said how much they had appreciated the warm welcome that they had received when they move to the village some 12 years ago and would miss the friends that they have made here.


NEXT MEETING: MONDAY 4th JULY AT 7.30 PM




A committee meeting was held on 21st March 2016.

Present
Sue James, Polly Raymond, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Roberts, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies
Roy James, Tony Brinsden, Gwenda Jones, Fran Rayner, Barbara Sinclair, Kevin Caley, Neville Ruff

The minutes of the last meeting were confirmed.

Matters arising

100 Club – The balance in the 100 Club account is £408.91. Half the money from the 100 Club is paid out in prizes each year and half goes to the Village Hall funds. Because there are more than 50 members in the 100 Club this year, the prizes for this draw are higher than for the others and £324 will be transferred to Hall funds. The final draw for 2015/16 was carried out and the winners were:
1st prize, Badgers Bowls (No.90) £37; 2nd prize, Wendy Jones (No.18), £23; 3rd prize Oliver Furneaux (No.64), £14.
A flyer to advertise the 100 Club will be enclosed with the next Newsletter. Subscriptions for 2016/17 will be due on 1st April. Andy and Sue will collect the subscriptions from members who do not have a Standing Order.



Andy and Ruth Webb will be moving from the village so the Committee needs to find a new treasurer as soon as possible. If anyone feels that they can take over from Andy as treasurer, please contact either him or Sue.

Village Newsletter and Website – The free hosts for our website have gone out of business. Matthew Roberts is involved with website development and has very kindly offered to upload our site for free. The committee would like to thank him very much for doing this. We will just need to pay to keep our domain name at a cost of about £6.99 this coming September. The deadline for contributions for the next Newsletter is 15th April. Ruth Roberts hopes that we will get £330-340 in advertising revenue if all the previous advertisers renew their advertisements and this should cover the cost of printing the two issues for 2016.

Kitchen Improvements – The plinth heater has not yet been fitted in the new kitchen but should be installed soon. The kitchen walls will be repainted as soon as possible; we may have some suitable paint already.

External and Internal Maintenance - The remaining internal paintwork will be finished when time permits. There is a leak above the fire exit door in the Main Hall and Sue has asked a builder to investigate this, together with the source of the damp in the storage room.

Lights in Car Park – The middle PIR light has been replaced. The electrician has said that delay switches for the big light over the main entrance are unreliable so installing one would not be advisable.

Old School Garden and Claypits – Nothing to report. It was suggested that the noticeboard should be moved from the Old School Garden to the Claypits. This also needs to be repaired.




Forthcoming Events

Guided walk around Laugharne – Easter Monday (28th March).
Guided walk – Black pool Mill/Minwear Woods – June.
Guided walk – Angle – September.
Part of the Miner’s Walk (Saundersfoot/Wiseman’s Bridge/Sardis) – near the end of the year Possible Geocaching walk – either Colby or Llanteg area.
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Chatwin on 01834 831142 or llantegca@gmail.com

Correspondence
1) Pembrokeshire County Council has informed us that the Hall will be zero rated again this year.
2) Another company , “Insure Your Village Hall”, has sent information about village hall insurance. Andy will put this on file.
Any Other Business
1) Polly and Jo intend to organise a village fête and fun day again this summer on Sunday 31st July. Last year it had to be cancelled due to bad weather. Because they claimed on the insurance for this last year, it will not be possible to get insurance for this again. The intention is to have attractions including stalls, refreshments, entertainment for children, live music and a raffle. Please contact either Polly (polly.raymond@rocketmail.com) or Jo (dippydoughnut@rocketmail.com) if you would like to help with the fun day.
2) Sue will contact Pembrokeshire County Council about the barrier which has been placed around one of the gateposts at the bottom end of the Hall car park. This is there because a hole has appeared on the outside of the car park wall. However, it has now been there for several months and has narrowed the access to the car park at this point so makes it more difficult to enter and leave the car park.

NEXT MEETING: MONDAY 23rd MAY AT 7.30 PM



A committee meeting was held on 11th January 2016.

Present
Sue James, Tony Brinsden, John James, Jill Chatwin, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair, Neville Ruff, Polly Raymond, Ruth Roberts, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies
Roy James, Gwenda Jones

The minutes of the last meeting were confirmed.

Matters arising

100 Club – The balance in the 100 Club account is £498.91 and all cheques from the previous draw have been cashed. The fourth and fifth draws for 2015/16 were carried out and the winners were:
Fourth draw - 1st prize, Megan Brinsden (No.36) £25; 2nd prize Richard Tunster (No.41), £15; 3rd prize Graham and Rose Gammon (No.7), £10.
Fifth draw - 1st prize, Carol Mason (No.2) £25; 2nd prize Winifred Tunster (No.43), £15; 3rd prize Jane Harries (No.30), £10.
A flyer to advertise the 100 Club will be enclosed with the next Newsletter.


Village Newsletter and Website – The website is functioning well for free – there is just one pop-up advertisement on it. We may have to renew the domain name next summer, which should cost about £10. Ruth Roberts will put photographs of the new kitchen on the website when the walls have been repainted to show potential hirers what it looks like. The Newsletter made about £30 in profit from advertisements this year after the printing costs had been paid. New residents are welcomed in the Newsletter and news from both Tavernspite School and Stepaside School is now included. The deadline for contributions for the next one is 15th April. John James thanked Ruth for all her hard work on both the website and Newsletter.

Heat Conservation in the Main Hall and Kitchen Improvements – The plinth heater has not yet been fitted in the new kitchen but should be installed soon. The kitchen walls will be repainted as soon as possible; we may have some suitable paint already. Early indications are that the cavity wall insulation in the Main Hall has had a beneficial effect.

External and Internal Maintenance - The remaining internal paintwork will be finished when time permits. There is a leak above the fire exit door in the Main Hall and Sue has asked a builder to investigate this. Damp has come through around one of the electrical sockets in the storage room. Peter Brace, the electrician, said that all sockets were tested during the recent inspection and all were in working order. Any damp inside a socket would set off the circuit breaker. Nevertheless, the source of damp around this socket needs to be stopped and the plaster replaced.

Old School Garden and Claypits – Sue thanked John James for all his hard work in maintaining the Old School Garden and the Claypits. Ruth Roberts will replace the information sheet at the Claypits which has been damaged by the rain. The display cabinet in the Old School Garden has been damaged by a fallen branch. If it can be repaired, it would probably be better to move it to the Claypits because more people are likely to see it there.


Forthcoming Events

Guided walk around Laugharne – Easter Monday (28th March).
Guided walk – Black pool Mill/Minwear Woods – June.
Guided walk – Angle – September.
Part of the Miner’s Walk (Saundersfoot/Wiseman’s Bridge/Sardis) – near the end of the year Possible Geocaching walk – either Colby or Llanteg area.
For more information on any of the above, contact Jill Chatwin on 01834 831142 or llantegca@gmail.com

Correspondence
None.

Any Other Business

1) The New Life Christian Church now hold a service and Sunday School in the Hall and meet every Sunday at 10 am.  
2) Remembrance Sunday Service – Thanks go to John James who led the service at very short notice when John Lewis-Tunster became unwell.
3) Walk round the Lawrenny area on 7th November – participants had to make a detour because of the very wet conditions but it was enjoyed by all who went. Thanks go to Jill for organising this.
3) The sale of leather pieces on 20th December went well and may be repeated.
4) Polly said that she and Jo intend to organise a village fête and fun day again this summer. Unfortunately, last year it had to be cancelled at the last minute because of heavy rain and strong winds.
5) Andy will talk to the electrician about the possibility of putting the outside light over the main entrance on a time delay to make it easier for Hall users to see their way to their cars at night. Also, the middle PIR light overlooking the car park is not working and needs to be repaired.
6) The latest information from BT on high speed broadband in our area is that it is now supposed to go live on 13th May.

NEXT MEETING: MONDAY 21st MARCH 2016 AT 7.30 PM


LLANTEG VILLAGE HALL
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
MONDAY 11TH JANUARY 2016

Present
Sue James, Tony Brinsden, John James, Jill Chatwin, Kevin Caley, Barbara Sinclair, Neville Ruff, Polly Raymond, Ruth Roberts, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies
Roy James, Gwenda Jones

Sue James chaired the meeting in Roy’s absence and she began by welcoming Kevin Caley and Barbara Sinclair.

Minutes of Previous AGM
These were confirmed.

Treasurer’s Report
Andy Webb presented his report and Statement of Accounts for the year ending 31st October 2015 and copies were handed round. Our operating position has improved considerably since last year with new Hall users contributing to a 60% increase in Hall hire revenue. One of them has had to give up because of lack of support but others have survived and we hope that they will continue to prosper as regular users. We have replaced our old kitchen units and had the large west wall cavity insulated as a result of a £5000 grant from Awards for All (Wales) and a contribution of £730 from our savings account. Our regular expenses were largely unchanged with a welcome fall in the heating oil price which looks likely to last for some time to come.
Expenditure  – Most of our regular expenses are very similar to last year, with slight increases at worst, but oil is now very much cheaper than it has been in recent years. Press and media commentators expect it to remain low for some time to come despite instability in the Middle East. We have taken the opportunity to replace the kitchen units to make the Hall more attractive to our users and we have improved heat insulation to reduce future heating costs.
Newsletter and Website – Ruth Roberts has again produced two editions of the very valuable Newsletter as well as maintained the now extensive Llanteg Village Website. Newsletter printing costs have stayed the same at £329 and advertising revenue has risen again to £385 so the Newsletter is now in profit as well as spreading news and information about Llanteg very effectively. Ruth continues to run these operations at very little cost, which compares very well with other village halls who have to spend more on more limited websites. As ever, many thanks go to Ruth for her ceaseless efforts.
100 Club – For the year April 2015 to March 2016 we have 53 members, contributing £636 in subscriptions. We hope 51 of these will renew their membership. We still need to carry out three draws before 31st March 2016, after which the Club will end its year with a balance of £348 after paying the regular prize amounts. The £48 surplus will thus be split between the final draw prizes and Hall funds. This will mean a transfer of £324 to the Hall and the final draw prizes will be £37 (first prize), £23 (second prize) and £14 (third prize).


Chairman’s Report
Sue began by thanking everyone for attending the AGM. She was pleased to report that the Hall has been in regular and continuous use this year. It is clearly a valuable part of our local community, providing the only venue of its type in Llanteg. This is evidenced by the Hall hiring revenue which had risen this year, as shown in the Financial Report, and reflects the increase in use by local communities. This has taken the form of IT training, children’s parties, Piloxing, carers’ training days, and our regular short mat bowls clubs, History Society and Community Council meetings. The major works this year were carried out with the help of the Awards for All (Wales) grant of £5000 which allowed us to fit our new kitchen and insulate the west wall which we hope will help to keep down our heating costs and make the Hall more comfortable for users. We had a slight increase in our anticipated expenditure due to the survey carried out by the insulation company which led to some repairs being needed to the rendering on the west wall. We also had to use some of our reserves to cover the costs of the electrician and plumber. Sue thanked the Committee for their help and support throughout the year, Andy for all his work as Treasurer and for compiling a thorough annual report, Ruth Webb for her diligence with the minutes, Ruth Roberts for all her hard work compiling the Newsletter, keeping the website so up to date and informative together with publicity via the local press and advertising posters, Jill for organising the Community walks, John James for maintaining the Old School Garden and the Claypits, and the Badgers for their DIY skills. Our financial situation is healthy as the annual accounts show and this is important as it allows the Hall to continue in a reasonably well-maintained state.

Election of Committee
The following Officers were elected:

Chairman – Roy James
Secretary – Sue James
Treasurer – Andy Webb
100 Club – Andy Webb

Ruth Roberts agreed to continue as Publicity Officer, running the village website and compiling the Newsletter.
Ruth Webb agreed to continue as Minutes Secretary.

All the existing members present agreed to stay on the Committee.


This concluded the AGM