Monday, 30 January 2012

Meetings 2012




A committee meeting was held on 24th October 2012.

Present
Tony Brinsden, Sue James, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies
Rod Bramhall, Jill Chatwin, Neville Ruff, Roy James, John Lewis-Tunster, Ruth Roberts, Wendy Jones

The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Matters arising
100 Club –The third draw for 2012/13 was carried out and the winners were:
1st prize No. 90 Badgers Bowls (£25); 2nd prize No. 9 Arwyn Owen (£15); 3rd prize No. 71 Lowri Brinsden (£10).
The balance in the 100 Club account is £430.91.

Car Park Wall
1) Now that the new wall has been repaired, we would like a photograph of it with the builder, Nigel Morgans, and as many committee members as possible. Three possible dates for this were suggested: Sunday 11th November, after the Remembrance Service in the Hall, Saturday 17th November at 10 am, or Sunday 18th November at 10 am. Please would members let Ruth Webb or Sue know which, if any, of these dates would suit them? When we have fixed a date, we will invite PLANED to come along if they wish.
2) We need a ‘No Exit’ sign inside the top entrance to the car park.
3) It was suggested that we should put luminous strips on the edges of the gate posts to make them more visible to car park users at night.


Village Newsletter and Website – Contributions are coming in for the Autumn/Winter Newsletter.

Heat Conservation in the Main Hall
1) Sue has contacted John about replacing the blinds and he will do this when he can.
2) Cavity wall insulation for the long outside wall.  Tony suggested that we should contact Alex Allison at the Community Regeneration Unit at Pembrokeshire County Council who may be able to help. A contact of Sue’s says that other halls have had cavity insulation installed. He will find out who did the installation and from whom grants were obtained to do the work.

Outside Lighting – A test floodlight for the car park has been fitted and several Hall users have said that it has improved the situation. In view of this, we will get a permanent floodlight installed, which will need to be switched on and off from inside the Hall. It is hoped that we can get a delay switch on it, so that it will not go off until the person who has locked the door has had time to walk down the ramp and into the car park. We will also have a more effective PIR light installed outside the kitchen.

External and Internal Maintenance – We will get a working party together after Christmas in order to touch up the damaged paint inside the Hall.

Forthcoming Events
1) Walk starting from Pembroke mill pond, Saturday 30th December. Organised by Llanteg Community Association. More details later.
2) Walk around Carew. Organised by Llanteg Community Association. Early next year; more details later.
3) Show in the Village Hall, date to be arranged. John Lewis-Tunster and Henry Lewis will present a 1940s style show with music, songs and sketches. More details later.

Any Other Business
1) A training session for yoga teachers has been booked for 3rd November 2012.
2) It is unlikely that we will be able to hold a Carol Service in the Hall this year. John James has spoken to Kevin Phelps, the Headteacher of Tavernspite School, who said that he is doubtful as to whether he would be able to get enough children to take part because there are not many children from Llanteg at the school now.
3) The local Police Community Support Officers will be holding drop-in sessions in the Hall. This will be a bimonthly event held in Llanteg Village Hall and Amroth Parish Hall and the dates will be advertised in the press and on local notice boards.

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 23RD JANUARY 2013 AT 8 PM



A committee meeting was held on 21st August 2012. 
Present
Roy James, Sue James, Neville Ruff, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies
Tony Brinsden, Dilys Jenkinson, Ruth Roberts, Jill Chatwin, Wendy Jones, Rod Bramhall
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.
Matters arising
100 Club – The balance in the 100 Club account currently stands at £480.91. All the previous prize cheques have been cashed. The second draw for 2012/13 was carried out and the winners were:
1st prize No. 6 Jill Chatwin (£25); 2nd prize No. 66 Rob Chatwin (£15); 3rd prize No. 2 Alan and Carol Mason (£10).

Car Park Wall – Roy and Alan Davies have now done the repairs to the new wall. PLANED will be informed because they want to take a photograph of Nigel Morgans, who built it, and the members of the Hall Committee next to the wall.

Village Newsletter and Website – The cost of domain rental and website renewal for two years (£53) has been paid.

Heat Conservation in the Main Hall
1) Sue will contact John about replacing the blinds.
2) Exenergy has quoted £525 (inc. 5% VAT) for cavity wall insulation for the long outside wall. This quote is valid until the end of September. We have been unable to obtain a quote from anyone else because all of the other companies that we contacted were tied in to government grants for domestic premises.

Outside Lighting – Andy and Roy will contact electricians who have done work for them. It was suggested that we could apply for a grant to cover this lighting as well as the cavity wall insulation.

External and Internal Maintenance – Members of Badgers Bowls have kindly offered to help with this when their outside bowling commitments have finished.

Forthcoming Events
1) Quiz Evening, Saturday 15th September at 7.30 pm in Llanteg Village Hall. This will be hosted by John Lewis-Tunster and a light supper will be provided. Bring your own alcoholic drinks if you wish. Teams of up to four people, tickets £5 per person.

2) Walk around Laugharne, Sunday 30th September. Organised by Llanteg Community Association. Meet at 1.45 pm in the main car park near the castle for a 2 pm start. More information available from John James (01834 831227), llantegcat7@gmail.com or www.llanteg-village.co.uk

3) Show in the Village Hall, October 2012 (date to be arranged). John Lewis-Tunster and Henry Lewis will present a 1940s style show with music, songs and sketches. More details later.

4) Walk starting from Pembroke Mill Pond, Saturday 30th December. Organised by Llanteg Community Association. Jill will try to get someone to talk about the wildlife on this walk. More details later.

5) Walk around Carew. Organised by Llanteg Community Association. Early next year; more details later.

Correspondence
We have received a reminder that the boiler needs to be serviced.

Any Other Business
1) A yoga teacher has booked a pregnancy yoga class for 16th September 2012. If this proves to be popular, there may be more.
2) A training session for yoga teachers has been booked for 3rd November 2012.
3) The Ludchurch Show will again be held in the Hall in August 2013.

NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2012 AT 7.30 PM


A committee meeting was held on 12th June 2012
Present
Sue James, Neville Ruff, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies
Roy James; Ruth Roberts, Jill Chatwin
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Matters arising
100 Club – The balance in the 100 Club account currently stands at £540.91. The first draw for 2012/13 was carried out and the winners were:
1st prize No. 12 Sam James (£25); 2nd prize No. 14 John Lewis-Tunster (£15); 3rd prize No. 37 Andrew Mason (£10).
Car Park Wall – Roy and Alan Davies will do the repairs to the new wall as soon as their work schedules and the weather permit.
Village Newsletter and Website – Ruth Roberts expects that the total income for the Newsletter advertisements for the May and November issues will be £275 this year. The website renewal, which is due on 2nd July, will come through automatically. Including the domain rental, the total for two more years should be under £55 and it was agreed that this represents excellent value for the business that the website generates and for the information that Ruth updates so regularly. A link to our website has been added to the Pembrokeshire Halls Website, which is run by PAVS.
Heat Conservation in the Main Hall –Wendy Marmara from PAVS has suggested three possible sources for a grant for cavity wall insulation for the long outside wall in the Main Hall:
(a) Pembrokeshire Impact Fund which awards grants of up to £2000. We would need two quotes and the next deadline for applications is 7th September 2012.
(b) Pembrokeshire County Council’s Pembrokeshire Community Regeneration Fund, which awards grants of £2000-£3000 on the basis of 5% match funding.
(c) Awards for All (National Lottery) which provides grants of £500-£5000, but will ask for a contribution if an organisation has money in reserve.
Sue has been unable to find a company to quote for this job because the Hall is a non-residential property. She will try the Environment Agency and other committee members will try to get quotes too.
Outside Lighting – The quotes for installing new PIR lights and new lights around the main entrance and ramp, or for replacing the current lights with more modern units were quite high so it was decided that we would obtain some others too. New Hedges Hall has recently had new lighting and we will see what has been done there.
External and Internal Maintenance – We have no further information about the blinds for the Main Hall. We will arrange a date (possibly a Tuesday or Wednesday morning) for discussing what needs to be done (e.g., touching in the Hall paintwork where necessary, both inside and outside, pressure washing the ramp, cleaning the gutters etc.)

Forthcoming Events
1) Guided four-mile walk around the Colby area – Sunday 1st July, 2 pm. Organised by Llanteg Community Association. Meet at the flagpole on Amroth seafront, near the Amroth Arms. More information available from John James (01834 831227), llantegcat7@gmail.com or www.llanteg-village.co.uk
2) Quiz – Saturday 15th September, 7.30 pm in Llanteg Village Hall. The quiz master will be John Lewis-Tunster. A light supper will be provided and please bring your own alcoholic drinks if you wish. More details later.
3) Show in the Village Hall, October 2012 (date to be arranged). John Lewis-Tunster and Henry Lewis will present a 1940s style show with music, songs and sketches. More details later.

Correspondence
1) We have received our new joint PRS/PPL licence for live and recorded music performances in the Hall.
2) The Hall has again been zero rated.

Any Other Business
1) One person has kindly volunteered to coordinate a syndicate for people to buy central heating oil, if there was any interest. However, thus far, none has been expressed. A bulk order would mean that members of the syndicate could purchase oil at a discount.
2) The current water boiler in the kitchen has been problematical for some time and has now stopped working altogether. It was agreed that we should purchase a 10 litre free-standing boiler to replace it.
3) The geocaching group meeting in the Hall was very successful.
4) Sue has had no response as yet from the person who organised the bead sale and workshops in the Hall last year (www.beadsupermarket.co.uk) regarding another possible bead sale this year.
5) Sue has had an inquiry from a dance teacher about the possibility of holding a dance class in the Hall, but the fact that we have a carpet may be a problem.
NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY 21st AUGUST 2012 AT 7.30 PM




A committee meeting was held on 18th April 2012.

Present
Sue James, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb.

Apologies
Roy James; Ruth Roberts, Neville Ruff; Wendy Jones.

The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

We were very sorry to hear that Viv Bramhall had passed away and Sue has sent a card to Rod to convey our condolences to him.

Matters arising
100 Club The Standing Orders are coming through into the 100 Club account, which currently contains a balance of £516.91.

Car Park Wall Roy and Alan Davies will do the repairs to the new wall as soon as their work schedules and the weather permit.

Village Newsletter .Ruth Roberts has received most of the contributions for the Newsletter. She expects that the income for the Newsletter advertisements for the May and November issues will be £275 this year. More compliments have been received on the excellent quality and the frequent updating of the website, for which Ruth must be congratulated.

Heat Conservation in the Main HallWe now have some foil which has clips on it so that it can be hooked on to the radiator mounts, and we will hang this behind the radiators in the Main Hall in order to reflect the heat back. John has put up a second curtain rail over the stage and has moved the curtains on to this so that they can be drawn against the stage. Hall users say that this has helped to reduce draughts. PAVS will search for grants which may be available for cavity wall insulation for the long outside wall in the Main Hall.

Outside LightingSue and Andy met Peter Brace (the electrician) at the Hall earlier this evening to discuss our requirements for improved lighting outside the Hall. The main options discussed were:
a) To install a new Passive Infrared (PIR) light outside the kitchen which would operate two lights (one outside the kitchen and one between the kitchen and the main entrance), plus two new lights around the main entrance and the ramp. This option would cost approximately £800.
b) To replace the two current lights with more modern units would cost about £300, but it is difficult to assess how well these would light up the car park. The possibility of putting a delay switch for the outside light over the main entrance is being investigated. This would make it much easier for those who were locking up when leaving via the main entrance.
It was suggested that we might be able to install a solar light inside the ramp, but this might not receive sufficient light to activate it during the winter months. Other electricians will be consulted to see if they have any other suggestions. New Hedges Hall has recently had new lighting and we will see what has been done there.

External and Internal MaintenanceSue will contact John about purchasing and installing new blinds in the Main Hall. We need to organise a team of volunteers as soon as possible to touch in the Hall paintwork where necessary (both inside and outside).

Forthcoming Events
1) Guided Walk around Bosherston Lily Ponds to Saddlers Point, Sunday 22nd April at 2.30 pm (approximately 3 miles). Organised by Llanteg Community Association. Starting from the National Trust Car Park in Bosherston (car park charge £5, but free to members of the National Trust). The walk will be led by the National Trust.
2) The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations in Amroth, Saturday 2nd June-Monday 4th June. Many events in Amroth for all the family including stalls, competitions for children, a quiz sheet, pig roast and fireworks display.
3) Quiz – Saturday 15th September, 7.30 pm in Llanteg Village Hall. The quiz master will be John Lewis-Tunster. A light supper will be provided and please bring your own alcoholic drinks if you wish. More details later.
4) 4) Show in the Village Hall, October 2012 (date to be arranged). John Lewis-Tunster and Henry Lewis will present a 1940s style show with music, songs and sketches. More details later.

Correspondence
None

Any Other Business
1) It has been suggested that a syndicate could be formed for people to buy central heating oil. A bulk order would mean that members of the syndicate could purchase it at a discount. This suggestion will be included in the next Newsletter, asking if people would be interested in joining such a syndicate and, if so, for a volunteer (or volunteers) to coordinate it.
2) The local geocaching group will be meeting in the Hall and then will start a walk from there. The question of allowing dogs into the Hall was raised and it was agreed that dogs should only be allowed inside the Hall if they were in (and remain in) an enclosed pet carrier.
3) The concert given by the Pembroke Male Voice Choir was a great success and enjoyed by all who attended it, so it was suggested that we should invite them back next year (possibly in March).
4) Sue has contacted the person who organised the bead sale and workshops in the Hall last year (www.beadsupermarket.co.uk) so see if she would like to do another. The organiser lives in North Wales, so it would probably be too far for her to travel for just one session, but she will bear us in mind (possibly for August).

NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY 12TH JUNE 2012 AT 7.30 PM



A Committee Meeting and A.G.M. was held on 29th February 2012.


ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Present
Roy James, Sue James, John Lewis-Tunster, Dilys Jenkinson, Rod Bramhall, Arwyn Owen, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb.
Apologies
Jill Chatwin, Tony Brinsden, Ruth Roberts, Wendy Jones, Neville Ruff.

Minutes of Previous AGM
These were read and confirmed.

Treasurer’s Report
Andy Webb presented his report and Statement of Accounts for the year ending 31st October 2011 and copies were handed round. Overall, 2010/11 was an encouraging year with our finances looking a little better than in previous years. .
Income – The total for the year was £3831, a 7% increase on last year, despite a smaller amount of donations and not having transferred the usual £300 from the 100 Club. Hall hire generated £2945, a healthy 20% up on last year, with all our main users, Llanteg Short Mat Bowls Club, Badgers Short Mat Bowls Club and Hughes News, having spent more on hall hire than in the previous year. We have not increased our user base during the year and would welcome new users but, in the current climate, keeping our current users is important and having them spend more is a good result.
Expenditure – The total for the year was £3939, including £1236 towards the new car park wall. Without this one-off item, our total expenditure was £2702, making our general running expenses about £500 less than in 2009/10. The main saving was on our heating oil bill and we have also avoided substantial rises in most areas except maintenance, where £240 was needed for electrical work. The much lower oil bill was the result of starting the year with a full tank and ending with an almost empty one; the 2nd November delivery (£528) falls just into next year.  Several maintenance tasks may need to be paid for in 2011/12, including improved car park lighting, new blinds for the main hall and some materials for redecorating inside and out. 
Newsletter and Website – Ruth Roberts has produced the very valuable Newsletter as always, but with an inevitable printing cost increase, the first for several years. However, she has greatly increased the advertising revenue to £325 (up from £175) No website costs fell in this financial year but it has again been revised and improved. Thanks to Ruth, our website is far superior to those of other village hall associations and costs us very little, and we know that it has produced enquiries which have led to hirings. So many thanks to Ruth for her immense contribution.
100 Club – Thanks to John Lewis-Tunster, membership has increased and is now back above 50, so the Club can pay out £50 per draw, which was always the intention. Donations – We owe grateful thanks to Badgers Bowls, for their regular donation for the Senior Citizens’ Party/Carol Service, to Llanteg Short Mat Bowls for another substantial donation to our funds and to Amroth Community Council for their equally valuable contribution.

100 Club Report
John reported that there are 52 members for the year 2011/12. Although not paid by Standing Order or cheque this year, more people have done so than before and John hopes that this trend will continue.

Chairman’s Report
Roy began by thanking everyone for giving up their time to attend the AGM. He thanked our Treasurer, Andy, for his thorough report and for his hard work over the past year, and hoped that he would continue in this role. He expressed his appreciation for the effort that Andy had put in to resolving problems surrounding the construction of the new car park wall which was built within budget and on time. Roy also thanked Sue for all the hard work that she does as Secretary on behalf of the Committee to ensure that things run smoothly and in addition, thanked Ruth Webb as the Minutes Secretary and Ruth Roberts, our Publicity Officer, for all her fine work and good ideas, especially for the work that she has put into the village website and newsletter. She has made them an inspiration to other communities. Roy then thanked John Lewis-Tunster for his hard work on the 100 Club and ensuring that the Club continues to flourish, because this is an important source of income for the Hall. He noted that, in times of financial austerity, it is encouraging to see that our annual income has grown compared with 2009/10 and that, had it not been for our contribution to the car park wall, then we would have returned a healthy profit. However, were it not for our loyal supporters, Llanteg and Badgers Short Mat Bowls Clubs, Llanteg History Society, Mothers’ Union, Snowdrops and Hughes News, then we would simply not survive. Additionally, we have seen regular meetings for the Good Neighbours Scheme, Amroth Community Council and Llanteg Community Association which all goes towards adding value to community life, which is the key objective of this committee. On behalf of the committee, Roy thanked all those who made donations to the hall, along with all those who help in whatever way they can to make the hall function. Nevertheless, we must avoid complacency and continue to promote the use of the hall, within and outside the community, in order to maintain the facilities that we provide here. Perhaps we should look at more innovative ways of raising funds because, what small amount of capital we have invested will dwindle away unless we adopt and develop other income streams. Energy costs are, without doubt, set to rise so we must be frugal with our energy use in the forthcoming year. There are ways in which we can reduce our energy usage, such as adding more insulation, using solar panels or changing energy providers, all of which require further research and costing. Finally, Roy expressed his appreciation for all the Committee’s enthusiasm and efforts over the past year.

Election of Committee
The following Officers were elected:
Chairman – Roy James
Secretary – Sue James
Treasurer – Andy Webb
100 Club – John Lewis-Tunster
Ruth Roberts agreed to continue as Publicity Officer, running the village website and compiling the Newsletter.
Ruth Webb agreed to continue as Minutes Secretary.
All the members present agreed to stay on the Committee and Neville Ruff has agreed to continue to represent Badgers Short Mat Bowls Club. The other committee members who were not present will be asked if they wish to remain on it.This concluded the AGM
A committee meeting was held after the A.G.M. on 29th February 2012.

Present
Roy James, Sue James, Dilys Jenkinson, John Lewis-Tunster, Rod Bramhall, Arwyn Owen, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb.

Apologies
Ruth Roberts, Jill Chatwin, Neville Ruff, Tony Brinsden, Wendy Jones.

The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Matters Arising
100 Club – The 100 Club account contains £500.91. The sixth and final draw for 2011/12 was carried out and, because of the number of members in the Club this year, there were four prizes for this draw. The winning numbers were:
1st prize £25 (No. 88), Ruth Roberts; 2nd prize £15 (No. 6), Jill Chatwin; 3rd prize £12 (No. 41), Richard Tunster; 4th prize £10 No. 45), Owen Brinsden.

Car Park Wall – Roy and Alan Davies will do the repairs to the new wall as soon as their work schedules and the weather permit.

Village Newsletter – Contributions for the next Newsletter should reach Ruth Roberts by 15th April 2012 (the weekend after Easter).

Heat Conservation in the Main Hall – We now have some foil which has clips on it so that it can be hooked on to the radiator mounts, and we will hang this behind the radiators in the Main Hall in order to reflect the heat back. After the Pembroke Male Voice Choir’s concert on March 11th, we will put up a second curtain rail so that the curtains can be transferred on to this and can be drawn against the stage to reduce draughts. We could put in some more loft insulation and will look for offers on insulation materials. The long outside wall of the Main Hall is a cavity wall and so could be filled with insulation.

Outside Lighting – Sue and Andy will arrange to meet Peter Brace (the electrician) to discuss our requirements for improved lighting outside the Hall. New Hedges Hall has recently had new lighting and Dilys will find out who installed it.

External and Internal Maintenance – Nick Stapleton has cleaned the carpet in the Main Hall. We need to organise a team of volunteers as soon as possible to touch in the Hall paintwork where necessary (both inside and outside).
Forthcoming Events
1) Pembroke Male Voice Choir – Sunday 11th March, 8 pm in Llanteg Village Hall. Tickets £5 for adults and £3 for under-sixteens. Tea and biscuits will be provided
2) Guided Walk around Bosherston/Stackpole, Sunday 22nd April at 2.30 pm. (Starting point to be arranged.)This will be organised by Llanteg Community Association. The walk will be led by Jill Simpson from the National Park who is covering Kiri Howell’s maternity leave.
3) The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations in Amroth, Saturday 2nd June-Monday 4th June. Many events in Amroth for all the family including stalls, competitions for children, a quiz sheet, pig roast and fireworks display.
4) Show in the Village Hall – Saturday 19th or Saturday 26th May (date to be confirmed). John Lewis-Tunster and Henry Lewis will present a 1940s style show with music, songs and sketches. More details later.
5) Quiz – Saturday 15th September, 7.30 pm in Llanteg Village Hall. The quiz master will be John Lewis-Tunster. A light supper will be provided and please bring your own alcoholic drinks if you wish. More details later.

Correspondence
1) It was agreed that we should renew our PAVS membership.
2) PLANED is organising a trip to the Centre for Alternative Technology on Tuesday 13th March at a cost of £10/head.

Any Other Business1) It was suggested that we could form a syndicate of people who wish to buy central heating oil because a bulk order would mean that members of the syndicate could purchase it at a discount. Roy will ask Ruth Roberts if she would include this suggestion this in the next Newsletter so that we could get an idea as to how many people might be interested.
2) A number of people attended the Walk Leader Training Course that was held in the Hall in February, so we now have trained leaders in the village and insurance for walks which they lead will be covered via the Steps2Health project.

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 18TH APRIL 2012 AT 8 PM




A committee meeting was held on 25th January 2012.

Present
Sue James, Jill Chatwin, John Lewis-Tunster, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies
Ruth Roberts, Roy James, Dilys Jenkinson

The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Matters arising
100 Club – The 100 Club account contains £560.91. All cheques for the third draw for 2011/12 (5th October 2011) have been paid. The fourth and fifth draws were carried out and the winning numbers were:

Fourth draw: 1st prize £25 (No. 81), Roy James; 2nd prize £15 (No. 36), Megan Brinsden; 3rd prize £10 (No. 43), Winifred Tunster.

Fifth draw: 1st prize £25 (No. 59), Graham and Jean Mortimer; 2nd prize £15 (No. 69), Graeme Jones; 3rd prize £10 (No. 4), Joan Robinson.

Car Park Fence – Roy and Alan Davies will do the repairs to the new wall as soon as their work schedules and the weather permit. The past few weeks have been too wet for the pointing to dry.

Village Newsletter – Contributions for the next Newsletter should reach Ruth Roberts by 15th April 2012 (the weekend after Easter).
Our subscription for the website will need to be renewed from 2nd July. The cost of a further two-year subscription will be £40.23 (including VAT) and we will also have to pay domain renewal fees. Ruth Roberts thinks that it may cost £8.50 for two years for the domain name but will check this figure. On this basis, the website would cost about the same as for the past two years (i.e., just over £2 per month).

Murder Mystery – On Saturday 19th November, SeeSaw Productions presented a very entertaining play set in the Elizabethan era and we provided a light buffet supper. The event was thoroughly enjoyed by the 30 people who attended and we made a profit of £100. We hope to have another one in November of this year.

Community Carol Service – This was held on Sunday 4th December and was attended by 47 people. Light refreshments were provided. Special thanks for the success of this event go to John James (Chairman of Llanteg Community Association) and to Kevin Phelps (Headteacher of Tavernspite School) for organising it. Our thanks also go to the children of Tavernspite School who took part in the service, to Joyce Lewis for accompanying the carols and to Audrey James for her lovely solo.

Advertising Hall Events - Llanteg Garage have very kindly said that we may put posters to advertise Hall events on the wall next to the door into the shop. They have also displayed posters for previous events on the door itself.

Heat Conservation in the Main Hall
1) Sue has ordered some foil which has clips on it so that it can be hooked on to the radiator mounts and will hang behind the radiators in the Main Hall and reflect the heat back.
2) At the suggestion of the Badgers Short Mat Bowls team, we will put up a second curtain rail so that the curtains can be transferred on to this and can be drawn against the stage to reduce draughts.

Outside Lighting – It was decided that we need to replace the PIR light outside the kitchen with a more up-to-date appliance, and that we need two PIR lights to illuminate the main entrance: one to shine down the ramp and the other to light the bottom of the ramp and the car park. This would make it much easier and safer both for people coming to open up the Hall and for those who were locking up when leaving. Andy has done some calculations on the possible energy consumption of such lights and he and Sue will arrange to meet the electrician (Peter Brace) at the Hall to discuss our requirements.

External and Internal Maintenance
1) The Badgers have kindly replaced the broken lock on the door between the Main Hall and the kitchen.
2) John brought samples of fire retardant vertical blind fabric (from Salter’s in Haverfordwest) to replace the broken roller blinds in the Main Hall. These would cost £75/window (total £225) and John would fit them at a cost of £10/window (including fittings).
3) We still have matching paint to patch in the areas in the Main Hall where it has become scuffed or is starting to peel off.
4) The carpet in the Main Hall needs cleaning again. Sue has contacted Nick Stapleton (who cleaned it before) about an estimate for doing this. Andy will check to see how much he charged last time.

Forthcoming Events
1) Walk Leader Training Course, Saturday February 4th and Saturday February 11th, 1.30-4.30 pm. Paul Morris, who is involved with the Steps2Health project, will be running a course in Llanteg Village Hall to train people to lead walks. This has been arranged by the Llanteg Community Association and will involve both indoor and outdoor work. For further information, please contact Jill Chatwin (llantegcat7@gmail.com)
2) Guided Walk, February 2012 (date to be arranged). This will be organised by Llanteg Community Association. It is hoped that Kiri Howell (National Park Community Ranger) or another member of the National Park team, will lead a walk from Bosherston. More details later.
3) Pembroke Male Voice Choir – Sunday 11th March, 8 pm in Llanteg Village Hall. Tickets £5 for adults and £3 for under-sixteens. Tea and biscuits will be provided. Ruth Roberts will be asked if she would do posters and tickets for this.
4) Show in the Village Hall – Saturday 19th or Saturday 26th May (date to be confirmed). John Lewis-Tunster and Henry Lewis will present a 1940s style show with music, songs and sketches. More details later.
5) Quiz – Saturday 15th September, 7.30 pm in Llanteg Village Hall. The quiz master will be John Lewis-Tunster. A light supper will be provided and please bring your own alcoholic drinks if you wish. More details later.

Correspondence
None

Any Other Business
1) Roy has prepared some ‘Exit’ signs and a ‘Fire Assembly Point’ sign for the car park.
2) It was agreed that we should have a specified rate for hiring the Hall for weddings, and that we should consider having a higher set of hall hire fees for non-regular users from outside the village area.

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 29TH FEBRUARY 2012 AT 8 PM