Friday, 16 July 2010

Meetings 2010



Meeting on 13rd November 2010

Present - Sue James, John Lewis-Tunster, Jill Chatwin, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb

Apologies - Roy James, Ruth Roberts, Wendy Jones
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

 
Matters Arising

100 Club – The 100 Club account now stands at £251. The third draw for 2010/11 was done at the Llanteg Community Association Quiz and Bingo evening on Saturday 30th October 2010 and the winning numbers were: 1st prize £25 (No. 46), Rebekah Chatwin; 2nd prize £15 (No. 59), Jean and Graham Mortimer; 3rd prize £10 (No. 49), Tony Brinsden. The fourth draw will be at the Family Tea after the Carol Service on Sunday 12th December.
Car park fence – As yet, Nigel Griffiths has not provided a quote for this work. The time scale for spending a possible grant from Planed is short, so it was agreed that John Lewis-Tunster will ask Steve Harland and Colin Roth to provide a quote too. The Committee members present all preferred the design for the wall as shown in the drawings that had been done by Nigel Griffiths’ great aunt to those provided by the architect commissioned by Planed. An information board and seating would be included on the side of the wall inside the car park. It was therefore agreed that Jill will send a copy of Nigel’s great aunt’s drawings to Planed as our preferred design and that she will ask Planet for exact details of the time scale for their grant. When we have a quote for the work, Alex Allinson from Pembrokeshire County Council will be able to make a site visit to decide if we would be eligible for a grant from the Council. Copies of Nigel’s great aunt’s drawings have already been sent to him. It was decided to leave the entrances to the car park in their current positions and that the bushes next to the western entrance should be pruned back in order to improve the visibility up the main road.



Financial situation – We currently have £1817.35 in our HSBC account. The Hall insurance has been paid.

Village Newsletter and Website – The Newsletter is now ready to be printed. The website has been improved and updated.

 
Fire Safety Risk Assessment –Andy has started this and will complete it as soon as possible.

Fund Raising – Nothing to report.

 
Forthcoming Events

Sunday 12th December 3 pm. Carol Service and Family Tea in Llanteg Village Hall. Reverend Sarah Geach and Reverend Michael Butler will conduct the service. Joyce Lewis has very kindly agreed to play the organ.
Jill will ask Radio Pembrokeshire to publicise the Carol Service.
Food:
John James – trifle
Winifred – mince pies and maids of honour
Jill – sausage rolls and vegetarian rolls
John Lewis-Tunster – crisps
Sue – little cakes
Ruth and Andy – quiche, pizza, cherry tomatoes, grapes
Sue will ask Tony to do ham sandwiches and Ruth Roberts to do little frozen cakes.


Correspondence
The renewal for Small Society Lotteries(registration) is £20.


NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 19TH JANUARY 2011, 8 PM, AGM followed by a Committee meeting


Meeting on 1st September 2010

A committee meeting was held on 1st September 2010 to discuss the insurance renewal for the Village Hall.

Present Sue James, Jill Chatwin, John Lewis-Tunster, Neville Ruff, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies Roy James, Ruth Roberts.


Insurance renewal
The renewal date for the Hall insurance is 27th September 2010. Andy handed out copies of the report that he had compiled and this was discussed. It was agreed:
1) that we should stay with our current insurer, Aviv
2) that we should pay for a three year contract now in order to get the discount offered
3) that, for the peace of mind of the committee members, we should have trustee indemnity of £500,000. Also, it might deter people from joining the committee if we did not have this.


Any other business

PAVS – It was agreed that we should join PAVS for another year (£25).
PLANED – In response to a request from PLANED, Sue has written a letter of support for their application for their funding from the Rural Development Fund.
Boiler maintenance – During the annual service, the engineer found that the boiler clock was faulty. This has now been replaced, together with the oil nozzle.
100 Club – The full details of the winners of the draw held at the Ludchurch Show on 6th August 2010 are: 1st prize £25 Jane Harries (No. 30), 2nd prize £15 Tony Brinsden (No. 49), and 3rd prize £10 Rob Chatwin (No. 66).


Forthcoming Events
Saturday 12th September – Llanteg Community Association walk 2 pm. Meet by the flag pole at Amroth for a walk to Saundersfoot on the beach, and back to Amroth via the tunnels and Wiseman’s Bridge (6.6 miles). The walk will be led by Kiri Howell, the National Park Community Ranger. All are welcome and please bring your friends and family. Booking essential (01834 845040).
Saturday 18th September, musical production with professional actors in Llanteg Village Hall, 7 pm. Admission by ticket only - £5 each, available from John Lewis-Tunster.
Sunday 12th December, 3 pm- Carol Service and Family Tea in Llanteg Village Hall. Reverend Sarah Geach and Reverend Michael Butler will conduct the service.


NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 3RD NOVEMBER 2010 AT 8 PM

Meeting on 11th August 2010
Present - Sue James, John Lewis-Tunster, Arwyn Owen, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies - Roy James, Ruth Roberts, Wendy Jones, Jill Chatwin, Tony Brinsden
The minutes of the last meeting were read and confirmed.

Matters arising
100 Club – The 100 Club account now stands at £316. A draw was done at the Ludchurch Show on 6th August 2010 and the winning numbers were: 1st prize £25 (No. 30), 2nd prize £15 (No. 49), and 3rd prize £10 (No. 66). John’s computer has broken so he will need time to get the details of the winners from the paper records. John no longer has the time to collect 100 Club subscriptions personally. It was agreed that a letter should be sent to all members before next year’s subscriptions are due, asking if they would pay by standing order or send a cheque to John.
Car park fence – Roy and Sue have received a letter from the Planning Department at Pembrokeshire County Council, apologising for the delay in responding to the question as to whether we would need planning permission for the proposed wall. Planning permission will not be required if the wall is less than 1 metre high. Details of the seating, interpretation board, plantings etc will have to be submitted. When this has been done and when we have obtained quotes for the work, Alex Allinson from the Planning Department will then visit the site to decide if our design is eligible for a grant. SignSpeed have quoted about £450 to design and install an information board made of a weatherproof composite aluminium product. The cost would be £100-£200 lower if we designed the board ourselves.
Financial situation – Andy has transferred the £300 from the 100 Club for 2009/10 to the Village Hall account (see minutes for the meeting held on 23rd June 2010).
Village Newsletter and Website – The Amroth Newsletter is not funded by the Amroth Community Council but by the Amroth Community Association from charges made for advertisements on their village website. The improvements to our own village website are almost finished and Sue will write to Jonathan Roberts to thank him for all his hard work
Fire Safety Risk Assessment –Andy now has the village hall plan and the information that he needs to complete the Fire Safety Risk Assessment.

Fund Raising – Nothing to report.

Cavity Wall Insulation – Mr Hollies from Save & Generate has done a survey in the Hall to assess our energy consumption (electricity and oil) over the past few months and will forward the results to Planed. He said that Planed may be able to provide some funding for his energy saving recommendations e.g. more loft insulation, cavity wall insulation and windows with a larger insulation gap.
Hole in Hall Car Park – A reply was received from Dŵr Cymru the day after the last meeting, explaining what had been done to repair the water leak in the supply pipe to the Hall. The leak was from our plastic supply pipe which was old and brittle. The split in the pipe was repaired by installing a new piece of pipe, about 2 m long. The implication in their letter is that any future failure in this pipe would have to be paid for by the Hall.

Forthcoming Events
Saturday 12th September – Llanteg Community Association walk 2 pm. Meet by the flag pole at Amroth for a walk to Saundersfoot on the beach, and back to Amroth via the tunnels and Wiseman’s Bridge. The walk will be led by Kiri Howell, the National Park Community Ranger. All are welcome and please bring your friends and family.
Saturday 18th September, musical production with professional actors in Llanteg Village Hall, 7 pm. Admission by ticket only - £5 each, available from John Lewis-Tunster.
Sunday 12th December (provisionally), 3 pm- Carol Service and Family Tea in Llanteg Village Hall. Reverend Sarah Geach and Reverend Michael Butler will conduct the service.

NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER AT 8 PM, to discuss the Village Hall insurance renewal

Meeting on 23rd June 2010
Present - Roy James, Sue James, John Lewis-Tunster, Neville Ruff, Ruth Webb, Andy Webb
Apologies - Ruth Roberts, Wendy Jones, Jill Chatwin, Tony Brinsden, Arwyn Owen

Matters Arising
100 Club – We should have 51 members again this year (2010/11), of whom 28 currently pay by Standing Order. £300 can now be transferred from the 100 Club account to the Village Hall account for the year 2009/10. All of the prize cheques raised during 2009/10 have now been cashed. A draw was made and the winners were as follows: 1st prize £25 Alan and Carol Mason (No. 2), 2nd prize £15 Roger Harries (No. 29), and 3rd prize £10) Darren James (No. 3). The cheques have been delivered.

Car park fence – Roy and Sue visited the Planning Department at Pembrokeshire County Council (PCC) to show them the artist’s impression of the proposed wall which was painted by Nigel Griffiths’ great aunt. They have filled out the pre-planning assessment forms and received a letter on 31st March 2010, saying that this plan was being considered. Despite repeated attempts by Roy to get a written reply from the Planning Department as to whether or not our proposed wall (1 metre in height) will need planning permission, no response has yet been received. Keith Coombe in the Council’s Regeneration Team is interested in giving us a grant for enhancement and Roy will ensure that the design of our planned wall will meet the criteria for this funding, e.g. to provide seating, an interpretation board, plantings etc. It was suggested that the Griffiths be asked to quote for constructing the wall. The Council has said that if we can prove that we have tried to obtain three quotes but only get one, they will consider it. Sue will ask SignSpeed to quote for the information board.

Financial situation –Nigel and Dave Griffiths have very kindly donated £300 to the Hall, and £300 (for 2009/10) can now be transferred from the 100 Club.

Village Newsletter and Website – The Newsletter went out on time. Jonathan Roberts is modernising our website to improve its appearance, provide a search facility and make it easier to load pictures. The charity discount was only available for the initial hosting fee so we will not be able to claim it this time. Jonathan has costed various packages and has suggested one at £42.02 for 2 years (about £1.75/month). Given that Amroth Community Council has paid for Amroth’s village website, Sue will write to them to ask if they will pay for the hosting fee and Jonathan’s time.

Fire Safety Risk Assessment – Sue will give Andy a plan of the Hall and information such as the date when it was built and materials used in the construction. In order to conform to the rules, we should do some sort of fire training, so members of the committee and all regular users of the Hall are made aware of the fire instructions. A set of instructions and procedures to be followed in case of fire will be displayed for “casual” users and their attention will be drawn to these when they rent the Hall.

Cavity Wall Insulation – Grants are available and Roy is investigating these

Oil Consumption – We will continue to monitor this. Cavity wall insulation could well reduce it.

Forthcoming Events
Saturday 7th August, from 5 pm – Llanteg Community Association BYO Barbecue at the Old School Garden, Llanteg. Bring your own food and drink – some barbecues will be provided.
Saturday 12th September – Llanteg Community Association walk 2pm. Meet by the flag pole at Amroth for a walk to Saundersfoot on the beach, and back to Amroth via the tunnels and Wiseman’s Bridge. The walk will be led by Kiri Howell, the National Park Community Ranger. All are welcome and please bring your friends and family.
Saturday 18th September, musical production with professional actors in Llanteg Village Hall. Admission by ticket only – £5 each, available from John Lewis-Tunster.
December – Carol Service and Tea in Llanteg Village Hall. Date to be arranged.

Correspondence
1) A letter has been received from another company which offers insurance for village halls.
2) A letter was received from Jo Raymond, asking if it would be possible for her to use the village hall car park to sell doughnuts from her trailer. Reluctantly, it was decided to refuse her request because of concerns about traffic either stopping on the man road or vehicles (particularly heavy ones) using the car park.

Hole in Hall Car Park – Dŵr Cymru diagnosed that this was caused by a water leak from the supply pipe to the Hall. They fixed this very promptly but, despite several requests from Andy, they have so far not contacted him to explain exactly what they did to cure the leak. Andy wrote to the Head of Consumer Relations on 14th June to compliment the company on their prompt action but that, as the Village Hall is used by the public, we need to be told exactly what was done to rectify the problem. A reply has not yet been received.

Paper Bank –Roy has asked Paul Watkins (Environmental Manager at PCC) to remove the paper bank because of concerns about heavy vehicles using the Hall car park after the hole appearing in it, and also there is an overhead line at the bottom end. However, Mr Watkins said that they would prefer to leave it in place because, apparently, about 12 tons of papers are collected there annually and that if we keep it, they would be prepared to pay something towards the cost of the proposed new wall.

Kitchen Improvements – All the paperwork has now been sent to PAVS.

Mr Hughes (Papers) – Because of the fine weather, Mr Hughes has not used the Hall for his papers for two weeks.

Next Meeting: Wednesday 11th August 8pm

Meeting held on 24th March 2010
(During editing I think I have lost some of the early 2010 meeting info - but the Minutes are kept by Ruth Webb and Sue James and can be replaced here.)